Oregon Shooting

When will Obama start blaming the perps in these shootings instead of the weapons they use?
14016223 grabs popcorn ;)

This topic was edited
RE: Oregon Shooting

I'm an outsider looking in, I will never understand (so don't lecture me) Americas cultural ties to firearms.
The absolute truth is, no guns no shootings.
When did your right to carry a gun outweigh the right not to be randomly shot?

S

This post was edited

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
32,719 people were killed in motor vehicle accidents in 2013. Where's the outcry to increase the requirements to get and maintain a driver's license?
Our country was founded at a time when:
a) There were wild animals & hostile natives around. Firearms were a real necessity for maintaining personal safety.
b) People hunted their own food.
c) The firearms available to civilians and military were about the same in capability.
d) The population was much more separated. If you had a problem, you had to deal with it yourself.

Today things have changed:
a) Most people are not under threat of animal attack - but some folks who live in rural states are.
b) Most people hunt for sport not by necessity.
c) The military has tanks & bombs & missiles that could wipe any civilian away with little trouble.
d) If someone accosts you in the street, or tries to break into your home, being able to repel an attacker is still useful.

The world has changed. Just as the Founding Fathers did not have the internet, they did not have belt-fed machine guns. Firearms are a symbol of both our self-reliance and right to resist oppressive government.
The price of freedom is tolerating some bad actors. You can't protect against crazy. A determined nut could just as easily drive a truck into a crowd, or blow up propane cylinders, or any number of means of inflicting mass harm.

This post was edited

When will Obama start blaming the perps in these shootings instead of the weapons they use?14016223 grabs popcorn ;)They couldn't be "perps" if they didn't have the "weapons".

This post was edited

So now we know the shooter didn't have a permit for any of his firearms. And strange where are all the gun toting people to stop this sort of rampage. Oh I know it was a gun free zone.
Wake up America you don't need guns to protect yourselves, you need the guts to remove guns from the general populas. Only then will your children be safer. Yes I know we still have a few gun issues with crazies in Australia getting hold of them, but we don't hear of school massacres as you do.

This post was edited

Perhaps this says it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk

This post was edited

Perhaps this says it best:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBkTypical.

This post was edited

So now we know the shooter didn't have a permit for any of his firearms. And strange where are all the gun toting people to stop this sort of rampage. Oh I know it was a gun free zone.Wake up America you don't need guns to protect yourselves, you need the guts to remove guns from the general populas. Only then will your children be safer. Yes I know we still have a few gun issues with crazies in Australia getting hold of them, but we don't hear of school massacres as you do.I do not know where you got your information, but from all I have read he bought all of the firearms he had LEGALLY.

This post was edited

This is the 264th mass shooting this year. Yes, 264 mass shootings in less than a year.Firearms kill 33,000 people every year.Every 6 hours in America more people die from gun violence than were killed by terrorists in all of 2014. If a disease like Ebola was killing as many people as guns there would be rioting in the streets to cure it.In the last 30 years there has never been a single instance of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy intent on killing a bunch of people... 30 years.In the last 50 years, half of the world's mass shootings have occurred in the U.S.The U.S is the most armed country in the world.We have as many guns as people and 1/3 of the populace owns at least one.Nearly half of all civilian guns in the world are held by Americans.Besides bombs and chemical weapons, guns are the most efficient killing machines. Bombs and chemical weapons are illegal.The second amendment was written by slave-holding men who carried muskets to protect themselves from tyranny and from their slaves. A musket took over 10 seconds to reload for a single shot.Perhaps you have forgotten a LITTLE BITY BIT of HISTORY call The American Revolution?

This post was edited

I'm an outsider looking in, I will never understand (so don't lecture me) Americas cultural ties to firearms.The absolute truth is, no guns no shootings.When did your right to carry a gun outweigh the right not to be randomly shot?SIt is called the Second Amendment.

This post was edited

All firarms should be outlawed and anyone found carrying one in a public place should serve a minimum 10 years prison sentence. The only reason they are not outlawed is because the Government rake in billions of dollars a year from the manufacture and sale of firearms. AND, as we all know, Governments all over the world put money before life or safety.MOW, I have always like most of your reply but I must disagree with you here. What works you across the pond has not and will not work for us on this side.

This post was edited