growing up as a nudist

<< < 1 > >>   Page of 1
gabare

gabare

Super Nudist [1882] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | ---, Georgia United States | 59

growing up as a nudist

most of us didn't have nudist parents growing up but if you were 8 yoa or so and your parents approached you back then and wanted you to join them at a nudist resort would you have gone or said no way...
gabare

gabare

Flag Quote Reply

RE: growing up as a nudist

i didn't grow up in a nudist family but years later when my mother found out i was a nudist she told me that when we lived up north they had several friendshas invitedus to nudist resorts or as she said nudist colony, i had experienced being nude with friends in the woods and had no problem being nude in front of my family but i was very shy but i hope that with little coaxing from my parents i would join them and find this freedom at alot younger age. i do wish my parents would have at least tried it once.
txag_1975

txag_1975

Super Nudist [977] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Somerville, Texas United States | 58

Quoting from Genesis, "They were nude but they were not ashamed." Furthermore, because God created it, "The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve its splendor and its beauty."
-- Pope John Paul II

My parents would never had asked, but I would have gone. Growing up, I always slept nude and was nude when I could be. I went skinni dipping many times alone once I was able to drive out to our lake.
jaydog

jaydog

Super Nudist [585] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Akron, Ohio United States | 45

usually most 8 y.o. s didn't get a choice, at least back when a lot of us were kids. if your parents said they were going somewhere and they wanted you to go , you went. you could of whined and cried and threw a tantrum but in the end you went along.
limestone26

limestone26

Undies Only [129] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Tampa, Florida United States | 55

Yea, at 8 years old, I didn't have much of a say in where the family was going! "Jimmy, get in the car and shut up!" was a common order at our house!
gabare

gabare

Flag Quote Reply

ok i remember that to, the weekly car ride all dressed up, but i do think i would have liked being a nudist back than, even better i wouldn't need to be dressed up or dressed at all.
Cheri_Donna

Cheri_Donna

Ultra Nudist [4768] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Hopkins, South Carolina United States | 67

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism.
http://www.travelites.info

In my teens, I used to sunbathe on my porch (upstairs off my bedroom) with blankets around the sides of the railing. Wish I had had nudist parents.
gabare

gabare

Flag Quote Reply

i see some were lucky enough to experience nudism at a young age i'm curious as how you felt on your first visits , did you have butterflys in your stomach or did you just blend in, did you ever run into classmate or members of church or other groups. i also wasn't lucky enough to have a balcony to sunbathe on like cheri but we lived next door to a rock quarry and yes who would want to live next door to a dust pit but to a kid it was kinda neat to explore and climb to the top of the gravelmounds they created, when i was alone i would climb to the top of themounds get nude and sit or lay in the sun. for a pre-teen i thought it was pretty daring at the time and amazed i never got caught.
MartinSpain

MartinSpain

Topless [98] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Estepona, Málaga Spain | 47

<b><i><br></i></b><br>

My folks were very conservative and I used to get nude in the garden in the secluded parts or in the summer house. It was never anything I discussed with my parents. I had a neighbour who would join me if we were feeling particularly daring.

I did get caught once and it was a stern telling off - maybe that's why it was something I used to keep hidden for so long. I certainly never told my folks about it as I knew it would not be something they would accept openly.

On the last point, had my parents asked me if I wanted to go to a naturist place, after picking my self up off the floor, I would have gone!
abhchelms

abhchelms

Butt Naked [310] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Houston, Texas United States | 64

My parents were very Conservative and would not have gone to a nudist camp. I'm pretty much a self proclaimed nudist. I used to get naked out in the wood either at grandparents or uncle's farms. I also had a special place at an old abandon strip mine. It was my own little hide away. spent countless hours there in the summer and on weekend during school. But I'd of gone if they had been. No doubt about that one!!
George_in_WV

George_in_WV

Butt Naked [348] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Kissimmee, Florida United States | 73

Currently living in a clothing optional community where I am nude when I can be and dressed only when I have to be

Back at 8 years old I would have gone. When I was that age (and even older) if my parents told me to do something I had the choice of either doing it or refusing to do it. If I refused I was punished and then did as I was told, so doing what I was told to do was a no-brainer.

When I was really young (pre-school) I was often told to get into the bathtub with my sister so being nude in front of her was no big deal. Naturally both my parents had seen me nude so that was ok.

So if the family went to a nudist resort I would have gone.

Now I wish they had done so.
steve_c

steve_c

Barefoot [29] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Great Bend, Kansas United States | 44

Holy cow . If only i was 8 again . I would have loved it . I would actualy go outside at nite by myself when everyone else was asleep and just walk around nude . Just like the song says ," If i could turn back time ..... "
Sunbeam65

Sunbeam65

Butt Naked [291] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Hudson Valley, New York United States | 49

Sunbeam - I beam with happiness when a ray of sun hits my naked body.

Can't figure out if my parents would have asked or not. Dad was nude around the house and even outside on ocassion and while Mom wasn't prudish if we saw her nude, she wasn't as 'out there' as dad. Like lots of others here, when I was 8, if they'd have said we we're going someplace, I wouldn't have had any say whatsovever. I knew I liked being nude around the time I was 8 or so and in retrospect I wish they would have asked or taken me someplace because I could have been honest with them, myself and could have avoided a whole of shame over my feelings. I could have come to an understanding earlier in life the nudity is okay and even more important that nudity does not equal sex and is not sexually provacative if understood in the correct perspective.
hoosier_nudes

hoosier_nudes

Textile [6] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Southwestern, Indiana United States | 52 & 48

Hoosier Nudes

family nudism

Our older children (25,23) were not raised going to naturist resorts. (Our oldest has since gone) My wifeand I went by ourselves on naturistvacations and left the kids with Grandma. However, our younger children (15,13) have been going with us since they were 8 or so. They giggled at all the "old people" for the first 5 minutes they were at Club Orient and then they never looked back. They have gone to many AANR resorts in the states and returned to Club O on several occasions. When asked if they wanted to go on a cruise or go to Lake Como Nudist Resort this spring, there was no hesitation. They chose Lake Como. Children love the freedom of nudist and C.O. resorts. I urge any of you who are parents of young children to offer them a naturist experience early. Our resorts are "aging" and need a youthful influx.
daves_ndt

daves_ndt

Barefoot [21] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Sparks, Nevada United States | 63

RE: family nudism

While my family certainly could not be considered 'nudist' we were raised to not consider nudity a big deal. When we were little swimming was always nude, but around 5 or 6 we were told that other people would not like it now and we would have to wear a swim suit. I know I always hated that and was emvious of my younger siblings. When we were camping we would again get to swim naked, since those 'other people' were not around. We never had a very private yard, so sunning was limited but on the rare occasions when nude sunbathing was possible it was fine.
Near the end of grade school years I had a good friend who shared my enjoyment of nakedness. We would take advantage of times when the siblings and parents were not around to run around his backyard naked (his parents would not have been so open minded). We would also take long bike rides into the mountains to secluded places where we could sunbathe. A number of times we went to the beach together with one of our familes. We would go into the waves and slip off our cutoffs and enjoy swimming au-natural. Luckyly we never lost hold of the shorts, these were busy public beaches.
High School brought new friends and adventures. I had more alone time at home as well. My mom found me sunbathing nude on several occasions and it was no big deal. My friends and I would camp out in the backyard sometimes and then wander around the front and back yard naked at night. We also wrestled naked (during the day) and played blacklight pingpong nude (clothes reflected the blacklight, sking no so much, so all you could see was the paddles, ball, lines, and our eyes and teeth). Once we had wheels we also took some camping trips where I contiuned the nude traditions I had been raised with.
BUt back to the question, would I have gone to a nudist camp if they did. Of course. In fact we even talked about it, but I don't think there was really any camps we could have gone to. I don't know if they were aware of how much I was naked, but don't believe it would have been an issue as long as I wasn't bothering those 'other people'.
Jabbari

Jabbari

Super Nudist [552] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Jersey City, New Jersey United States | 18

<br>

me n my big bro get razed nude by our pop n unky n they waz razed nude too so it nachural for our fam. we blessed. peace, jabbari
flint439

flint439

Barefoot [43] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | New York, New York United States | 57

The opposite of nudism

I grew up in a household that was pretty much the opposite of nudist. We practically took baths wearing bathing suits. Years later, when my sister would take my very young nephew upstairs to change into his pajamas, he would slip away and happily run around shouting "I'm naked! I'm naked". This seemed pretty normal for a three year old to me. My mother would get very upset and yell "put some clothes on him!". To this day they would be horrified to know about my interest in nudism. That kind of background is probably why I have embraced nudism. They never knew that as a teenager, if I was certain that the rest of the family would be away for a long while, I would strip off and run around the house, and in better weather, the yard naked. I remember seeing my reflection in the sliding glass doors on the back of the house as I dove in to the pool naked. I was thrilled to confirm that I was actually totally nude and outdoors!
CraigS

CraigS

Barefoot [47] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | LaPlata, Maryland United States | 48

Have fun! Go for a stroll naked and experience life as it should be!

RE: The opposite of nudism

I grew up spending my summers in Europe away from our home in America on nude beaches and resorts with my family. My parents never hid their bodies when we were growing up so being nude is natural for me/us. Here in the states its frowned upon but overseas it's normal in most places. I am so glad I grew up the way I did. Now I entertain my nudist friends and family nude and all is right in my world.
DanyBuoy

DanyBuoy

Barefoot [28] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom | 29

RE: The opposite of nudism

My brother and I were born into a naturist family, and quite a few of our extended family are naturists. We're lucky that the family home is near to a naturist beach.We can walk naked from the house, through the garden, then through the woods and over the dunes to the beach. I don't know what it is like NOT to be a naturist.
Bennnnnn

Bennnnnn

[9] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Twin Cities, Minnesota United States | 28

If it had come up then, yeah I probably would have gone. It was briefly discussed when I was about 14 but never happened.
nakedoften

nakedoften

Undies Only [100] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Huntsville, Alabama United States | 52

I did not have nudist parents.By the time I was eleven or twelve I was having nudist urges.If I had been asked about participating in a nudist lifestyle,I would have in a heartbeat.It is only in the last 5 to 10 years that I have acted on my nudist urges.I love running around naked.
AndyDi

AndyDi

Super Nudist [1365] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | So Cal, California United States | 61

Loves being naked, plays well with others!

Both my wife and I were not raised as nudists nor was anyone in our immediate family's nudists, that we know of.  I began my venture into nudism at around 14. I spent lots of alone time, at home and in the backyard, in the nude, doing chores, watching TV, doing homework ... only to scurry and get dressed when the family began arriving home.  When my GF (now my wife) and I began dating, I hesitated telling her but during our Senior year, I told her about my perpensity of simple nudity around the house, sleeping naked and the freedom I had.  She, strangely ... didn't bat an eye.   After we were married we began living as nudists at home, when I was there on leave or liberty (enlisted in the Navy after HS).  While in the Navy, we had our first child and decided that she would be raised in a home where nudity was common and taught not to be ashamed of her body or nudity.  After the second child was born, the lifestyle continued and when they were 10 and 12 ... they listened to friends that said ... "seeing your parents naked was weird and being naked with your parents was wrong."  They decided to stop.  20+ years later, they both revisited naturism on a promise that we would pay for a "family" trip to Club Orient on the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten.  We'd been vacationing there for several years prior and offered them a chance to see where we go and what we do.  They accepted, and in 2009, we took our daughter's, one SIL and all 4 granchildren to Club Orient for a week.   They LOVED IT and want to return.  Not a month goes by when we're not asked" when will we be able to go back to Club O."  It was the best vacation we've taken as a family and we were lucky to have met HoosierNudes there as well.  It is a great family lifestyle ... but regretably ... not many of us were brought up that way.  The one positive is that our daughter's remember and reflect on that upbringing but still don't live as nudists as we do.  They are both more ... vacation nudists.  Their children are all growing up to be comfortable with simple nudity.  Good thing ... cuz they are exposed to it when they come here! LOL
alwaysnaked1071

alwaysnaked1071

Butt Naked [417] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Niagara Falls, New York United States | 42

I definitely wasn't raised as a nudist, but I've loved being naked for as long as I can remember.  So yes, if my parents had approached me to go to a nudist resort, I would have been in the car waiting before they finished their sentence!
preacherbch

preacherbch

Topless [50] | 11 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa | 52

without a doubt...I would have jumped at the oppertunity..I always wished my mother (single parent) would just allow nudity in the house and go to a nude place...I would have loved it.....Whenever mom wasn't hkme,I woild be naked.
preacherbch

preacherbch

Topless [50] | 11 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa | 52

I raised my own son and god son as nudists,and from the age of 4. I encouraged their nudity,as I was a nudist openly.My god son chose his own nudism life style,but  from a young age I raised my own son as a nudist,and he loved it.He literally hated wearing clothes or shoes...even when his friends came for sleep overs he was naked in  and arround the house,as I was.He was always naked when his friends came over to play...and it made me proud to see my naked son dtween his textile fiends..even when his friends stared at him,he wasn't bothered in the least,and in the mornings,when they woke up,he wasn't  bothered either as he also slept in the nude...and hid nothing.Even when the referred teasingly to his morning manifestations,he just shrugged his shoulders,he never attempted concealing it,he reasoned he was a boy,and it happens to boys...its normal.
<< < 1 > >>   Page of 1