Life modelling

I have worked as a life model for about 5 years now, this is usually me posing, naked of course whilst being drawn by a class of between
5-25 people. Also if asked and the job is respectable I will pose naked for photographs. I probably do it about once a month on average
and get paid to do so. I actually really enjoy getting my kit off and being the centre of attention and get a buzz, non sexual, from it
(couldn't really do it if it was a sexual thing as a man!). What's anyone else's experience or opinion of this? Do you think I'm brave or
slutty? Would you love to try it? (It's very liberating!) Do you have any questions on the subject you'd like to ask me? I'd be really
interested to know people's thoughts on this and thought this an ideal place to ask. Look forward to reading your replies :)

This topic was edited
RE: Life modelling

I am curious as to how much one of these sessions pays. I know it's not enough to be a full time occupation, but would be great if it was.

This post was edited

I am curious as to how much one of these sessions pays. I know it's not enough to be a full time occupation, but would be great if it was.Call some local colleges art classes.

This post was edited

The rate here is around $30 an hour, for a two-hour session. I've
done for local art centers. What surprised me the most is that they
don't tell you just what pose they want - are actually reluctant
even if you ask, except in a general way - but expect you to know
what sort of pose you can strike and hold.

This post was edited

Id very much like to try life modelling

This post was edited

Id very much like to try life modellingCall some local colleges art classes.

This post was edited

I have actually been thinking of doing this myself! Don't think it's slutty at all, but I can imagine it's liberating. Maybe I have to make som calls :)

This post was edited

The rate here is around $30 an hour, for a two-hour session. I'vedone for local art centers. What surprised me the most is that theydon't tell you just what pose they want - are actually reluctanteven if you ask, except in a general way - but expect you to knowwhat sort of pose you can strike and hold.The last two word are key...'and hold'
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

I was given a couple of tips early on. One is that the same pose, turned even 45 degrees, is a very different exercise for the artist, so not to be afraid to repeat - this also gives people around the room a chance to draw what the folks next to them drew earlier. The other is to fix your gaze on something a distance away, and note the spot carefully, so that you can keep your head from moving. Whatever you have in your repertoire - classic studio poses, yoga, dance, athletics - is gravy. I've gone in with a digging bar.

This post was edited

There are far more potential models and than there are opportunities to do modelling. When I first became a naturist I felt that life modelling was the ultimate in personal body freedom and wanted to try it. I did contact a local life drawing group and an art college without any success even offering to try it without payment.
I'd suggest trying life drawing as an artist first to find out more and perhaps talking to the model(s). When you get to know your group you could suggest that you could model for them.

This post was edited