Dermatology Advice

I have been referred to a Dermotologist, I got my appointment letter through today. They say in letter to allow 2 hours for appointment. Does anyone know what happens that it takes 2 hours. Tried googling and conflicting stories. The US seems to be very different method. Any UK members shed some light on this? many thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Dermatology Advice

2 Hours my ass!! lol was in and out in 15 minutes.

This post was edited

Hi from stoke on trent,
Had one of those derm. exams many moons ago when I was about 40s plus....I had to go into a small cubicl first and undress but put on a green gown that did up at the front. When my door opened it lead into a large room with a doctor sitting at his desk area. he had a light fastened round his head and after a few questions he aksed me to undress and stand up. His light went on and he put a large magnifying glass or his eyes too and he went from heard to foot looking at my whole body back and front....Looking into every crevice.....This took about half an hour but had to put aside an hour for the whole thing but mine did last about 2 hours...as when he got to my penis he noticed it had a tight foreskin which I have always had..no probs.....He then called in a colleague to look at my foreskin when lying on a couch....I then got totally hard and so hard that it lasted all through even at the end when I had to stand up and lost all my juices too that I could not get un aroused.....I started to panic as it wouldnt go down but after some time it did but it was so hard it was almost painful. When lying down I had 2 hospital guys looking and touching my penis which was hard and swollen by then. I never felt like cumming as I was really a little uncomfrotable with this as only expected to see one guy and didnt really expect to have to get totally naked let alone see another guy looking and touching my penis.
I think 2hours is a little long for just one exam but you may be in a queue with others so be prepaired for the wait but do think your exam plus questions will be about 45 minutes to an hour.....enjoy it all and let it all happen pleausreably....cheers J...

This post was edited

It always takes awhile as a new patient to ask you lots of questions to learn all of your medical background, your risk factors for cancer, and they may want to take a full set of photos for comparison later. I had that done and they took 42 each showing different views and sections of my body while nude. The exam itself, if it is thorough, should take at least 30 minutes. Here they normally give you a gown and ask you to remove everything including underwear and any jewelry. Then the doc will begin a very thorough exam of every inch of your skin if he is a good dermatologist. Usually I prefer to be nude rather than play aorund with the gown. You can mention it to the doctor and most appreciate a patient that does not mind a naked exam since it makes the exam much easier for them. By the way it is no big deal if you get an erection. The docs have seen plenty before and yours is no different.

This post was edited