Apollo Beach in Volusia County, FL

Does anyone know if the Apollo Beach in Volusia county, FL near Edgewater is nudist friendly? I know Daytona cracked down on partying during spring break and bike events, but Apollo is on the south side of Volusia co and quite a ways away from Daytona. Playalinda isn't too much farther, either. I'm looking for any, hopefully accurate ;) info anyone has.

This topic was edited
RE: Apollo Beach in Volusia County, FL

Bump, so that Senvestoj has more time to get an answer.

This post was edited

Does anyone know if the Apollo Beach in Volusia county, FL near Edgewater is nudist friendly? I know Daytona cracked down on partying during spring break and bike events, but Apollo is on the south side of Volusia co and quite a ways away from Daytona. Playalinda isn't too much farther, either. I'm looking for any, hopefully accurate ;) info anyone has.

Apollo Beach and Playlinda Beach are part of the same area (Canaveral National Seashore) -- one part just happens to be in Volusia County while the other is in Brevard County. If you are going to the Volusia County portion of the beach, you will get to it by going through New Smyrna Beach which is just north of Edgewater. You will need to go early as it is only clothing optional at parking lot 5 and there is minimal parking. You can walk, but it is a long walk (I have done this). Another method is to bring a bike and park at one of the sooner lots, but it is still a bit of a ride between lots. Be careful with the Brevard portion of the beach, though, as they are nudist unfriendly.

This post was edited
Apollo Beach in Volusia County, FL

Apollo Beach is located in the Canaveral National Seashore. JFK SPACE CENTER is located near by. If a launch isscheduled for that day, the park is closed. Edgewater is south of NSB. You need to be on A1A and just head south. Parking IS very limited. Earlier the better. Take plenty of water. No concession stands nearby. Rangers leave people alone. PlaylindiaBeach has been getting reports of cops hassling nudists.

This post was edited
Re: Apollo Beach

Thanks, all!

This post was edited
Apollo vs. Playalinda

I've been to both, as well as Haulover and few other beaches. Personally, I'd take Playalinda over any other nudist beach. It's nota mob scene. I had a great nude walk there. Dropped my stuff near the trail as it hits the beach and walked north for over one mile, totally naked and carrying nothing with me. I encountered a few people along the way, a few who were nude, but those who were not could not have cared less. It's great to be out in the world like that.

This post was edited
RE: Apollo vs. Playalinda

We go to Apollo a few times a year. The parking can be a hassle, but I always bring a bike in case I have to park far away. The rangers always drive by and I have never seen anyone hassled. It is a great beach with very nice people, we love going there.

This post was edited
RE: Apollo vs. Playalinda

Apollo is a great beach. Wish they would open up another parking lot for nudists. You have to get there pretty early to get a spot or just get lucky which I have done both. Can't wait to go back.

This post was edited

Apollo beach is nude friendly. There is a written agreement between the Naturists Action Committee (NAC), the Park Service and most important the County of Volusia to assign an area below the 5th parking lot at Apollo. Old article below but still in effect. https://naturistaction.org/Success_Stories/Apollo_Beach_2000/apollo_beach_2000.html There has been a migration up into the beach below Lot #4 but there is a possibility of being ticketed and we hope this does not put pressure to shut down what area we have now... Parking is a problem as there is only 37 spots. Get there early or bring a bike as lot #4 is 2 miles away, long walk!I am a moderator of the Apollo Nudist here on TN and would like to extend an open invitation to all "Locals" and "frequent vacationers" who would like to join our active TN Group... daytonabeachside@yahoo.com if you use Messenger... Pat p.s. Playalinda does NOT have any agreement with the County of Brevard but though "No Nudity Allowed: signs are posted by the county sheriff's department, Nudity at lots 12 & 13 is tolerated... Just carry some cover... 3 times the parking too!

This post was edited

Hi, not sure how old this thread is. Does anyone know if the agreement with Volusia County is still in effect? The latest reference I have been able to find is more than 5 years old.
Thanks.

This post was edited

Hi, not sure how old this thread is. Does anyone know if the agreement with Volusia County is still in effect? The latest reference I have been able to find is more than 5 years old.Thanks.

I go to Playalinda very often. Nudity is tolerated all the way down to Boardwalk 12. I say tolerated because there are no signs expressly permitting it. On the other hand the Rangers drive by maybe once a day on ATVs and I have never seen them stop to tell people to cover up, As I understand it, there have been no hassles since around 2007 when the then park warden was reassigned. He was in cahoots with the county sheriff and there were some tickets written up. A group of nude beach activists took their nudity citations to court and fought it for a long time. I don't know what the eventual disposition was in court but the whole thing seemed to go quite after that. How long the calm might last is an unknown. But it's been almost ten years and the beach is full of maybe 200-300 sun bathing nudists every sunny day. I have seen a few pervs stroking themselves on the beach and that can't be good for anything. But overall it's a really great nude beach.

This post was edited