Why Not Nude?

In the last two years we have visited a dozen nudist/clothing optional resorts in the eastern quarter of the U.S. The overwhelming majority of guests are nude only at the pools. At dinners and dances some males are nude, but very few females. We just had dinner (nude) with 45 other diners at a prominent Florida resort and there were two other nude diners. The temperature outside was 80, so weather wasn't an issue. Looking for resorts where this isn't common.

This topic was edited
RE: Why Not Nude?

I think I know where you had dinner. If I am correct you are
right. This same restaurant offers one night a week as nude
night where you get a free glass of wine if you dine nude. Its
crazy to think a resort has to resign to that. I am at the
resort numerous days a week. I walk the perimeter of the park
for exercise. It too isnt uncommon to see residents and RVers
out in their yards or sitting around clothed. I live a short
distance from the resort and our community is made up of 60 percent
of members of the resort and the attitude of my neighbors are the
same way. They almost live in denial of nudism. I had one
neighbor who sold their home in the resort and bought in our
community because they felt pressured to live nude at the resort
but yet they are still members and visit and do activities nude
there. In fact, my own wife has now adapted herself to only being nude at the resort and never at home. Go figure!

This post was edited

My very first resort experience was at a very well known and very nice place in Florida near Mickey's place. Had a really great first time experience. Facility was top notch, friendly people, etc. I was however, very disappointed the the diner and subsequent dancing to a DJ was clothed. I felt cheated in a way as that would have been as liberating as my first steps onto the pool deck.

This post was edited

John and new are definitely talking about the same resort. When we
were last there the nude diners were making a better showing (the
first night was the aforementioned free glass of wine if you are
nude night, and the second & third nights were part of
Nude-a-palooza weekend). We still have fun there every October for
J's birthday, which happens to fall on Nude-a-palooza week.

One resort where nudity is more common than clothes in the dining
area is Club Orient. There are usually less than 3-4 that ARE
wearing clothes when we have been there for dinner. Lunch can
sometimes draw people from the cruise ships who are clothed as
well. Not in the US, though. How about White Tail Resort in Ivor, VA? I thought they were nude not C/O.

This post was edited

White Tail policy says nude in the pool, in the restaurant and at dances. The only place the policy is followed is at the pool. I admire Bob for trying and he certainly leads by example, but like other places mentioned in the topic, people just don't get it.
Club Orient is indeed the most nude place we've been. Since Papagayo is an open air restaurant it tends to get a little toasty many nights. Dancers that start the evening clothed often take it all off later.
Nude Night is a big hit. We especially like first Thursdays when Big Dan does his hits from the 50s and 60s. Since most diners are nude anyway the dancers are as well. That's often our favorite night at Lakeside, but it's only one night a month.

This post was edited

My wife and I attend many of the dances at Lakeside on the weekends. Many stay dressed. A couple may be entirely nude. Myself.... I usually go nude or to stay with the theme I go bottomless. My wife will normally be dressed.

This post was edited

Lakeside is a special place for us. It's by far the site of most of our dinners out the past two years. Papagayo is second. Many of the guys wear only a shirt. I wear that if anything. My wife has purchased quite a few sexy outfits at Fig Leaf and enjoys wearing them. A few leave nothing to the imagination. Last week, three ladies showed up for dinner wearing the same "dress" and two of them had the same color! The last two Saturdays were huge nights. All tables were filled and they were turning guests without reservations away. The dance floor was packed most of the night and near the end most guys and lots of women were nude. That's the way it should be every night.

This post was edited

If I take the time, effort and expense of going somewhere where nekkidness is allowed, then I am going to be NEKKID as much and as long as I can while there. I can wear clothes everywhere, but there are only a select few places by comparison that I can be without clothes, and if I go there, it is for the purpose of being with NO clothes on. Otherwise, why go? You could just as easily havegone to one of the Millions of places that MAKE you wear clothes, no option to go without. If you see me at a place where I can be nekkid, and I have clothes on, it is ONLY because I just got there within the last couple of minutes, or I am about to go out the gate. Other than that, I am going to be nekkid for as long of a continuous time as I can be. See my thread in General Discussions, titled Longest Time Spent Nude for a better understanding. Please add comments on there if you would. Maybe most have seen it by now though, but haven't added their time for some reason.

This post was edited

In my estimation, even though it is CO, I believe that nudity is the rule at Shangri La Ranch in Arizona. I wish that the management was more into practicing what they are selling.

This post was edited

An article this past fall in the NUSA sun magazine by Jaye Francis spoke of this particular thing. She talked about the new ways of nudism and the freedom of choice and how they blend together. Do I necessarily agree with? No. I too feel nudism is about being nude.... Not mingling with nudes while clothed. I think many at the Lakeside are dressed either for the theme party and some feel they dress so as not to be the minority being unclothed. The second is the one that troubles me. I feel if clothing is more accepted, we will soon just be another resort but with the option of clothing. If that happens will our memberships or entrance fees drop being more visitors will be using the facilities. I doubt it. But again I see that with the decrease in nudists especially with youth. It may be an opportunity for none nudists to understand the luxury nudism brings and maybe promote the life we enjoy. So maybe its a give and take situation.

This post was edited

Lakeside is a special place for us. It's by far the site of most of our dinners out the past two years. Papagayo is second. Many of the guys wear only a shirt. I wear that if anything. My wife has purchased quite a few sexy outfits at Fig Leaf and enjoys wearing them. A few leave nothing to the imagination. Last week, three ladies showed up for dinner wearing the same "dress" and two of them had the same color! The last two Saturdays were huge nights. All tables were filled and they were turning guests without reservations away. The dance floor was packed most of the night and near the end most guys and lots of women were nude. That's the way it should be every night.Keep that momentum up! Hopefully when we get there for Nude-a-palooza, nude will still be the majority. This last October seemed to be trending that way as well, at least compared to the year before.

This post was edited