Non-smoker nudists

Whenever I look at my group's list, I see "Non-smoker nudists," the number of members, and the word "Quit."

Wouldn't life be simpler if all we had to do to stop smoking was click on "Quit"?

This topic was edited
RE: Non-smoker nudists

Anything worth attaining means will training.

This post was edited

Whenever I look at my group's list, I see "Non-smoker nudists," the number of members, and the word "Quit." Wouldn't life be simpler if all we had to do to stop smoking was click on "Quit"?

It really is that easy. All one has to do is decide to quit and then do it. The trick is that when you quit, you have to do it all the way. If you have even one more, you have not quit!

This post was edited

Yep, nothing like, "Sure I've quit. And tomorrow, I'll quit again!"

This post was edited

Yep, nothing like, "Sure I've quit. And tomorrow, I'll quit again!"

That is the AA slogan of "Live one day at a time." But AA is for quitting alcohol. Whether this slogan applies to smoking is a good question.

This post was edited

The principles behind AA can be used for fighting other addictions as well. Aside from the physical addiction to the nicotine (and anyother additives used to keep people hooked), there is a psychological component as well. There is truth to the old saying where there's a will, there's a way.
Mike

This post was edited

If it wasn't for my husband of 16 yrs. giving up cigaretts when we first met, we wouldn't be married. He had the support and the will.

This post was edited

If it wasn't for my husband of 16 yrs. giving up cigaretts when we first met, we wouldn't be married. He had the support and the will.

Having support goes a long way toward someone quitting their habit. I had my husband's support. He, in turn, had mine. It has been over ten years now since I quit. I cannot imagine smoking now. The smell offends me badly.

This post was edited
RE:Non-smoker nudists

Wasn t easy I used the patch pills but you still need will power

This post was edited
RE:Non-smoker nudists

I remember my second wife quitting, throwing away all the remaining cigarettes, lighters and even fancy onyx ashtrays and wearing a patch.
The next day, I came home to find her smoking. She said she'd felt stupid as sh had forgotten it was Wednesday.
I looked puzzled.
She explained, that Wednesday was half day closing in the village shop, so it was closed.
I still looked puzzled.
She then said that it was so annoying to have to empty the wheelie bin to find her cigarettes.
"But", I said, "You shouldn't smoke with a patch."
"So, I took it off."
She was still smoking when we divorced, a year later.
I felt quite guilty as I had been quite a heavy smoker before we met, but never inhaled so never really got addicted and had quit my habit of some 10 cigars a day.
Then, at a camp site in France, one summer, the mosquitoes bothered us so much, we bought some Gauloisses to drive them away. Little did I know that she was now hooked again.
When my usual brand of cigars, Henri Winterman's half coronas changed to using a brown paper simulated leaf outer, (like many other brands, like Hamlet had always done) instead of genuine cigar leaf wrapper, the taste was so bitter that they lost a customer overnight. Interestingly, some years later they reverted to cigar leaf again. Unlike for cigarettes, there are no standards for what goes in a cigar. I even found part of a rubber band in one once.

This post was edited