ponderosa

So last year me and the wife tried out the fourseasons. It was a new experiance for us, going out in the buff that is. I went completely nude while my wife chose to keep her bikini bottoms on except while in the pool or hot tub. however the fourseasons has now gone textile. So it looks like we are going to have to try ponderosa out this year instead. I would really apprieciate some reviews re: the ponderosa from people who have been there.
Thanks in advance newbeenudies

This topic was edited
RE: ponderosa

You will enjoy the Ponderosa. It is kept up better than the 4Seasons ever was. We have been going to both for years. If you liked the 4Seasons, you will surely like the Ponderosa. We liked 4Seasons a lot because of the water feature that you can camp around. The camping at the Ponderosa has no water feature and they have limited hydro unless you get one of the full service sites on Otto Lane. The full service site put you way from the main area. If you stay in the rooms they go fast as there are 9 of them... by the way, do not take room 9 if you are the least bit claustrophobic. They have a great staff and they have nice facilities. We especially like the conversation pool with swim up bar service which is a salt pool vs. chlorine. Many of the folks from the 4Seasons have moved to the Pond so you may see some old friends from the 4S. Our travel group will be there over the 4th of July/Canada day for our annual NorthEast campout gathering. If your there over that holiday be sure & say hi! Just look for the banners and friendly strangers! :)

This post was edited

very good thank you

This post was edited

Wow, I am out of touch!! Used to get the Going Natural magazine and I'm sure they had a big write-up on what happened at Four Seasons! But I didn't know! Just assumed the Volleyball tourney would be there as always and that I'd get there when I could. In a nutshell, what happened? Same owners? What a shame. Oh well, more for the Ponderosa!
I met some nice folks at both but liked the Ponderosa for its more convivial, relaxed stance.More limitedfacilities and I don't remember what their restaurant was like or even if they had one but the people make it and the crowd there was great.

This post was edited

The original owners of some 50 years sold to a management company. They hired Tom & Linda Landry who had experience in the resort field (Caliente for one). They started cleaning it up, dragging out the old trailers, planted flower beds, fixed up all the tables, started using the nite club, etc. He wanted to continue whipping it into shape and the management didn't want to let Tom do what he needed to do so he got frustrated and left. Then they hired a non-nudist couple that were both retired military to manage it and they were just not right for the job. They were rude, they halted all the fixing up. The rear deck and the swimming deck has been roped off due to safety concerns, a friends of ours trailer got fireworks damage on it from the resort fireworks last year and when he asked about it management told him to go pound sand. They just were not management material. Another big problem was that the members & the management were fighting with each other. So when friends of ours that rent seasonally went to pre-pay for the 2011 season they were told it would most likely go textile. I have heard that the park is cleared right out now other than the full timers that own houses there. To bad as we liked going there. We would go up 8 to 10 times a summer.
Well have no fear, the Ponderosa is near! They do have a very nice restaurant/lounge area, nice facilities in and out, and great people. See ya at the Pond! :)

This post was edited