Nudist laws in Sweden

Hi all; who knows and can discuss the nudist situation and laws in Sweden? How is nudism handled there in public places??

This topic was edited
RE: Nudist laws in Sweden

Its not illegal to bath nude and be nude at lakes and places in sweden. But in public places, and bathes with lots of people there is a law concerning offending behavior that the polices use instead. And it is offending to be nude where people don't want you to be nude. :)
Also it would be up to the court to decide if your behaviour was offending or not. I cannot remember any case where someone have gotten a centence for just beeing nude in public at all. On the other hand most swedes are very polite and tries hard not to offend others. So it's extremely unlikely to see a nude adult on a textile beach.

This post was edited

Thanks for that info! Thats interesting because if more people were like us Swedes, in as far as trying to get along with other being a high priority, the world would be a much better place. It eliminate the need for a lot a laws if people would just try to not go out of their way to offend others. Obviously, some people are ALWAYs offended, so for them... too bad .... lol

This post was edited

When I grew up in Sweden a few decades ago - public swimming pools used to have separate hours for men and women - and swimsuits were not allowed. But not anymore ... textile-friendly is now the norm. But I understand that some public swimming pools are available for rent by nudist clubs/organizations ...

This post was edited