Anything Ham Radio!

Not a large group here, so let's see what anybody can post! What are you doing,want to do, already done, or just want to talk about concerning Amateur Radio?
As for me, I got a good deal on 6 Waycom unused "cans" and a 150 ft of 1 1/4 in Flexishield Hardline. Now all I have to do is spend over $225 worth of gas and 15 hrs driving time to pick it up. Than goodness, it was a good deal!

This topic was edited
RE: Anything Ham Radio!

Not a large group here, so let's see what anybody can post! What are you doing,want to do, already done, or just want to talk about concerning Amateur Radio? As for me, I got a good deal on 6 Waycom unused "cans" and a 150 ft of 1 1/4 in Flexishield Hardline. Now all I have to do is spend over $225 worth of gas and 15 hrs driving time to pick it up. Than goodness, it was a good deal!
Sice I am the only one posting on this forum, I guess you could say I am just making notes!
I now have the "cans" and the hardline here! Time to get the repeater up on the local water tank now!
There was a bonus as the wife went with me (Her first visit to a Nudist resort) and we stayed a couple of days at Serendipity Nudist resort. I would say the trip was very successful in more ways than one....lol!

This post was edited

Let's try this for a humorous reaction! A Ham should understand, for sure!

This post was edited

That I understand, Very good.I don't do much radio now days as I am into drawing and painting pictures, but got myself an HF setup a 2mtr and 4 mtr handheld's.Every-timeI am on thehandheld'sidon'thear a squeak of anyone on the air. I will have to have a go with HF pretty soon.Do you use computer for Ham Radio at all?
Nick m0bsf

This post was edited

Circumstances are such that I only get to operate phone while mobile or portable, but I do regularly run Winlink 2000 (which is primarly for EMCOMM/public service preparedness) and occasionally PSK-31 from home. Looking to expand my digital mode portfolio both fixed and portable.
At home, I run an IC-7000 on HF, with a 40m end fed antenna, and a random wire/AH-4 combo for other bands. This radio will soon be fitted with a D-STAR adapter, which will allow me to run D-STAR on all bands (just waiting on the mic for it off eBay). The radio is interfaced to a desktop for digital modes. There is 50Ah of battery backup.
The portable station uses the same radio and interface (I want to get a separate interface at some stage), but I have two antennas - a 40/20m end fed, and an 80m end fed. I have the MacBook Pro for digital modes, and a 100W solar panel with 50 Ah battery for power. Just replaced the charge controller with a MPPT controller, after the original one died (think I fried it with an incorrect connection :( ).
I can utilise wires and an ATU for operation on other bands, if need be, but for my purposes, 80/40/20 covers 95-99% of my needs.

This post was edited
Lic. Operator, New to Here..

Anyone Active here?

This post was edited