Chat room - Private Messages have been disabled - NEED NEW FORUM MODERATORS

After receiving tons of complaints of inappropriate PMs in the chat room, and then seeing it first hand, I've disabled PMs.
I'm also accepting new applications for moderators.
If you would like to apply please click the link below and answer the following questions
https://www.truenudists.com/about/contact/?reason=another
You must be
1. Certified
2. A member for at least 6 months
Please answer the following questions
1. How long have you been a member of the chat (minimum 6 months)
2. How many hours do you spend in the chat room daily
3. What timezone are you in?
4. Please provide 3 users that will provide a reference/recommendation for you.

This topic was edited
RE: Chat room - Private Messages have been disabled - NEED NEW FORUM MODERATORS

Gotta question the logic of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Just saying.

This post was edited

And were the members consulted? Maybe a "do not accept PM option" would have been better. It is impossible to carry out a coherent conversation in main chat room. If members were abuing PMing they should have been given warnings, say 3 and then banned. THIS IS NOT A POPULAR CHANGE!!!

This post was edited

It would help if the main chat room wasn't awful. It scrolls by too fast (when it scrolls at all), it's hard to get a decent chat going unless you're willing to sit there saying "hello!" a lot and are willing to put up with a lot of rejection, and if there's a woman in the room you may as well not exist because all the straight guys will spend their time trying to talk to her. I send a lot of private messages and have private chats just so I can get a decent conversation going.

This post was edited

Tallswimmer (a chatroom moderator and a dear friend) started a campaign a little while ago to make me a chatroom moderator....now I can use all the help I can get....who's willing to recommend me?You have my vote. The only problem is, I may be away on business at very short notice, anytime from tomorrow.

This post was edited

Regarding removal of PMs. I suggest that they be reinstated with the following options : Accept PMs from noone/certified friends/friends/everyone with the default being noone. This will give your customers choice. There are other sites (e.g. kersbares) or another good be easily started.

This post was edited

one word : " ugh "

This post was edited

"After receiving tons of complaints of inappropriate PMs in the chat room, and then seeing it first hand, I've disabled PMs."
I get many PMs, constantly. Many could be 'considered' inappropriate. But it is no big deal - I'm a big girl, and understand that goes with the territory. I choose to ignore them, which simply means no action on my part. Many people in this world consider us nudists as inappropriate!
I come to this site to chat with nudists. The main room is NOT a chat room for one on one discussions - it is a horrible environment for that in fact. The fact that they even came up with Private Message proves that point. However, it does have it's place for multi person chat I admit, but many of us have no use for that. For those that do, great, they have what they need. For the rest of us now, we do not. Let's try an experiment - turn off main room chat and have only Private Message. we all know that won't fly. Both have their users.
This has been a great site, and I emphasize 'has'. I would like to suggest that we get this site back for all nudists, not just those that live in the main room only. Thanks.

This post was edited

After receiving tons of complaints of inappropriate PMs in the chat room, and then seeing it first hand, I've disabled PMs.
As a someone who doesn't frequent chat because of PM abuses, I think a better option would have been for the user to have to choice to disable PMs, or set who they'll except them from.
I dislike having decisions made for me, and by you taking to step of disabling them, you have made the decision for me.
You should also have had a way for new, or infrequent users, of chat to identify moderators. On my infrequent visits, I never knew who they were. If I can't identify them, what's the point of having them?
And since you've disabled PMs, the point of having a moderator seems a bit moot.
My .05 worth

This post was edited

The main chat room serves no real purpose for me other than to say a quick hello and see if there are folks near me or who have enough in common to carry on a conversation. Then the real/valuable conversation continues via Private Messages. A chat room with the Private Message feature disabled is a chat room I see no value in.
As others have suggested, there could be a setting that let's you not accept any PM's. But, as I said, this move to disable Private Messages is a move that will absolutely kill the chat feature...and since the traffic in the forums is so thin these days, I fear it will have an even greater negative affect on the site as a whole.
Just my two cents.

This post was edited

This is a ridiculous thing to happen to what has been the most user friendly site for making nudist friends and chatting. The main room is far too busy to hold length conversations with friends. Those of us who have paid to use this site need to be refunded.

This post was edited