Talks of closings

Was at Playalinda beach today. There was talk that NASA is leasing out property to an aeronotics company and part of that expansion will include closing all the beaches all the way up to Apollo. It has the nudists and the fisherman quite concerned. People are asking to contact the state and local legislators and voice their opinions.

This topic was edited
RE: Talks of closings

Although anything is possible, the property is under the control of the national park service and not NASA. The reason they close Playalinda and #5 of Apollo during some of the launches is due to safety and the flight camera monitoring they have set up. The Playalinda group is quite active and can always use more donations to allow them to continue to keep the beaches clothing optional.

This post was edited

Who receives donations and how are they used for Playalinda? What are the goals of those that take contributions?

This post was edited

Was there the first part of October. No signs of it closing. There were about 100 people there both days I was there. A great place to go! Can't wait to go back.

This post was edited

Wife and I werethere on President's Day Feb 2015. It was a little cool but there were a number of nudist sunbathing and also walking along the beach. There was also one young lady wit a professional photographer having a nude photo-shoot. The beach was being patrolled by law enforcement and no tickets for nudity were being given out. So I believe the rumors of Playalinda closing are all false! It is alive and well! Go see for yourself!

This post was edited