morfa dyffryn nude beach in uk

hi has anyone in the uk visited themorfa dyffryn nudist beach in wales i am thinking of trying this for the first time is it a good area.

This topic was edited
RE: morfa dyffryn nude beach in uk

I have spent a lot of time around this area of Wales, but not so much on the nudist beach. I just found some info which may be of some help to you.
Morfa Dyffryn Beach Review
Morfa Dyffryn, what can I say?
What a beautiful beach this is, and not just the beach; the drive up along the coast, and on through the lovely town of Barmouth, is truly spectacular. Open winding roads with occassional glimpses of the wonderful coastline were just made for a drive on a sunny day.
Driving to Morfa Dyffryn from the south you will pass through the village of Tal-y-bont. As you drive through the village, look out for a sign on your left for Dyffryn Seaside Estates and then, a little further along,the sign for Traeth, welsh for beach, which will lead you down Ffordd Benar lane.
About half a mile down the lane you will come to a sharp left hand bend and not far from there you will see a sign for Dyffryn Seaside Estates which is along the road to your right and straight ahead are some public toilets and a pay and display car park.
Car parking was charged at 2 for 4 hours or 4 for the full day when I was last there and there is a height restriction on vehicles entering the car park so be careful if you're in a mobile home, towing a caravan or in any vehicle over 2 metres in height. . If you're there early you may be able to park on the grass verge which runs along the road next to the car park.
When you come out of the car park, head to your left and you will find a boardwalk which leads through the dunes to the beach. Once you're on the beach head right and follow the coast north for around a half mile until you come to the large white sign declaring that naturists are permitted to sunbathe in that area.
For the best part of your walk you may want to use The harder damp sand near the sea as it is easy to walk on and the half mile will fly by while you enjoy the views. The naturist section runs for quite some distance north along the beach from the sign so you may have another walk to find your ideal spot.
The naturist section of the beach is quite busy and populated with various windbreakers and tents. I found the naturist beach area very clean and peaceful and in fact much cleaner than the main beach which had the occasional plastic bottle and piece of rope, but nothing as bad as I've seen lying around on other sand beaches.
The sand on the beach is very soft and when the sun is blazing down is very comfortable to lie on with your beach towel. There seem to be a good mix of naturists on the beach and my time there soaking up the sun was very relaxing indeed. My only minor gripe is the lack of any nearby facilities, but you can't have everything and the soft sand and beautiful coast more than compensate.
All in all Morfa Dyffryn is a very nice beach to visit and I'm looking forward to heading back north and staying over for a few days.
If you're thinking of visiting Morfa Dyffryn and would like some more information, why not visit our links page.
We are always looking for your views on the beaches you have visited and would love to know what you think of Morfa Dyffryn or any of the other places you have been? To send your review, article or photographs, or if you wish to place a banner, advertisement or link in our links area, please email:
admin@uk-naturist.com

This post was edited

I have spent a lot of time around this area of Wales, but not so much on the nudist beach. I just found some info which may be of some help to you.Morfa Dyffryn Beach ReviewMorfa Dyffryn, what can I say?What a beautiful beach this is, and not just the beach; the drive up along the coast, and on through the lovely town of Barmouth, is truly spectacular. Open winding roads with occassional glimpses of the wonderful coastline were just made for a drive on a sunny day.Driving to Morfa Dyffryn from the south you will pass through the village of Tal-y-bont. As you drive through the village, look out for a sign on your left for Dyffryn Seaside Estates and then, a little further along,the sign for Traeth, welsh for beach, which will lead you down Ffordd Benar lane.About half a mile down the lane you will come to a sharp left hand bend and not far from there you will see a sign for Dyffryn Seaside Estates which is along the road to your right and straight ahead are some public toilets and a pay and display car park. Car parking was charged at 2 for 4 hours or 4 for the full day when I was last there and there is a height restriction on vehicles entering the car park so be careful if you're in a mobile home, towing a caravan or in any vehicle over 2 metres in height. . If you're there early you may be able to park on the grass verge which runs along the road next to the car park.When you come out of the car park, head to your left and you will find a boardwalk which leads through the dunes to the beach. Once you're on the beach head right and follow the coast north for around a half mile until you come to the large white sign declaring that naturists are permitted to sunbathe in that area.For the best part of your walk you may want to use The harder damp sand near the sea as it is easy to walk on and the half mile will fly by while you enjoy the views. The naturist section runs for quite some distance north along the beach from the sign so you may have another walk to find your ideal spot.The naturist section of the beach is quite busy and populated with various windbreakers and tents. I found the naturist beach area very clean and peaceful and in fact much cleaner than the main beach which had the occasional plastic bottle and piece of rope, but nothing as bad as I've seen lying around on other sand beaches. The sand on the beach is very soft and when the sun is blazing down is very comfortable to lie on with your beach towel. There seem to be a good mix of naturists on the beach and my time there soaking up the sun was very relaxing indeed. My only minor gripe is the lack of any nearby facilities, but you can't have everything and the soft sand and beautiful coast more than compensate.All in all Morfa Dyffryn is a very nice beach to visit and I'm looking forward to heading back north and staying over for a few days.If you're thinking of visiting Morfa Dyffryn and would like some more information, why not visit our links page.We are always looking for your views on the beaches you have visited and would love to know what you think of Morfa Dyffryn or any of the other places you have been? To send your review, article or photographs, or if you wish to place a banner, advertisement or link in our links area, please email:admin@uk-naturist.comhi thanks for this i think am gonna go this summer and stay for a week thanks.

This post was edited

After visiting the beach, I would strongly recommend avisit to theYsgethin Inn at Talybont. The beer is great and the food is excellent. IMO it is one of the finest pubs in the whole of the UK.

This post was edited

hi has anyone in the uk visited themorfa dyffryn nudist beach in wales i am thinking of trying this for the first time is it a good area

This post was edited

hi has anyone in the uk visited themorfa dyffryn nudist beach in wales i am thinking of trying this for the first time is it a good area.I have been tp Morffa Dyffryn lots of times and will be going again this year its a lovely beach great back drop nice shallow water to swim in you will love it,hope to see you there when it warms up

This post was edited

I skinny dipped in the North Sea once off the coast of Scotland. I hope the gulf stream comes up to Wales, because that was the coldest swim of my life.

This post was edited

Im going to give it a try on tuesday next week!

This post was edited

I skinny dipped in the North Sea once off the coast of Scotland. I hope the gulf stream comes up to Wales, because that was the coldest swim of my life.The sea at Morfa is surprisingly warm - definitely warmer than you would expect and i swear it gets warmer the further up the beach you go with warmer currents easy to find. I got told that its something to do with the "shallow shelf" that leads up to the beach hence the lack of big waves and therefore the sun gets more of a chance to heat the sea water or something like that - geography isnt my strong subject!

This post was edited

The sea at Morfa is surprisingly warm - definitely warmer than you would expect and i swear it gets warmer the further up the beach you go with warmer currents easy to find. I got told that its something to do with the "shallow shelf" that leads up to the beach hence the lack of big waves and therefore the sun gets more of a chance to heat the sea water or something like that - geography isnt my strong subject!Yes, I've noticed how much warmer the sea is around this area. You need to be very careful this year, becauseof theunusually large number of jellyfish and some very dangerous ones have been sighted.

This post was edited

I was on Morfa Dyffryn on Friday, It was very windy, i stripped off and immediately it felt like the sand was blasting the skin from my bones, i managed about 1/2 hour before covering up & heading off, there were a few hardy nudists there who didn't seem too bothered by it, but it was a bit too much for me.
Otherwise it is a beautiful beach & i will probably go back when i am in the area, but next time i will betaking a wind break!

This post was edited