Songkhla nude beach

Great news: there is an unofficial nude beach in Songkhla! It is along the empty 3km-long beach behind Songkhla Aquarium, between the sea-wall and the beach-front restaurants (not to be mistaken for the crowded Samila Beach to the south). Hardly anyone goes out there except the odd fisherman or beach-comber. I've been there nude a few times and met other nudists there too, both Thais and foreigners. I wouldn't recomend it for single/unaccompanied females (that goes for any deserted beach anywhere, I suppose), and if you do see anyone clothed, particulalrly women or children, it'd be best to cover up to avoid any embarrassment or offence to anyone.
Maybe see you there!
Thor
N.B. Photo and Google Earth shot awaiting approval

This topic was edited
RE: Songkhla nude beach

Can U provide a direction how to reach songkhla from Bangkok or Pattya

This post was edited

Can U provide a direction how to reach songkhla from Bangkok or Pattya
Not sure how to answer that one, but in a word: South!

This post was edited
Songkhla nude beach down "SOUTH"

Songkhal? How close is that to the troubled area of Thailand?

This post was edited
RE: Songkhla nude beach down

No so close PrincessJai. Songkhla city not have any situation right now.
It's quite far away, as Anarchy says. About 170kms to the nearest troubled province of Pattani. Such a shame they have this problem going on over there, the coastline looks amazing round those parts.

This post was edited

I've been to Songkhla a couple of time, while staying in Hat Yai but never realised that there was a naturist beach there. Then again, the woman I was with at the time wasn't a naturist she probably wouldn't have known about it.

This post was edited

So any more recent visits or updates on this beach?Thanks!I haven't been to this spot for a long time, since they built a very small bungalow resort right behind the beach area I used to go to. The last time I went was probably 3 or 4 years ago, during that visit the owner of the resort place confronted me about why I walked through his resort to go back to my motorbike as I was heading home. He wasn't the friendliest of people either. I'll endeavor to check it out again in the coming months and update you on here...

This post was edited

We are heading to Songklha tomorrow. Interesting to see what we will find there. BTW: anyone aware if there have been seen jellyfish in this area?

This post was edited

Try Haad Kaeow Beach resort, this place is not exactlyin Songkhla but if you look at the google map you will findit......walk to the left facing the beach about 100m....a smallcove covered by natural vegetation and sand....went nudethere....it was great to stroll to the waters and back to the covearea which was shaded.

This post was edited

How was your trip to Songkhla?

This post was edited

How was your trip to Songkhla?Trip was nice. We did not really found a nude beach to enjoy - but otherwise was a perfect getaway. Stayed actually north from Songkhla town at Ao Thai Resort in Bo Dan. Very well managed resort. It was really windy and sea quite rough, so wouldn't have been a beach weather anyway.
Apart from that, went to Koh Lipe two weeks ago. If you take a kayak and paddle far enough, you can still find isolated beaches, where you can take all around tan and snorkle bear butt. Really enjoyed that.

This post was edited