Time to go Paddling!

It's that time of year again! The water is (relatively) warm, the sun is shining, the days are long. Time to break out the boat. Looking for nice long flat stretches on the Potomac in Northern VA. Was thinking of putting in at White's Ford Park. Anyone been there?

This topic was edited
RE: Time to go Paddling!

The weather is very hot and humid here in Richmond. One of my favorite spots to put in is at Watkins Landing on the upper James just west of town. From there you can paddle down river but that is usually where the power boats go,,so not as fun as paddling up river in the shallow parts. Passing thru the trees it becomes narrower and a great place to paddle nude or in a bikini. I haven't found many other places that I can paddle nude on the James. If anyone knows of other places please let me know.
Rich

This post was edited

The weather is very hot and humid here in Richmond. Oneof my favorite spots to put in is at Watkins Landing on the upperJames just west of town.
That looks like a nice place to put in. Lots of farmland upstream.
And I see a few islands not too far upstream that might make a good
place to picnic or swim.
How is the flow along that section? Not too strong to paddle upstream?

The DGIF has some nice maps available for the
James:https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/waterbodies/display.asp?id=158ion=maps

This post was edited

How is the flow along that section? Not too strong topaddle upstream?

Not sure yet; haven't been as of yet. Will report back once I do.

This post was edited

i agree great time to paddle. Monday AM up at the lake cottage one fisherman I were the only 2 boats on the lake.When i got to the eastern shore which has no cottages, I tied up the kayak and slipped off the swimsuit for a quick dip in the water.Only someone with binoculars would have been able to see my short skinny dip.

This post was edited

I've been out a number of times this spring and summer on the Columbia River in Oregon & Washington. Going out in just a half hour from now. You can see some of my adventures on my profile photos. The water has warmed and I find many beaches all over. I of course stop at Collins Beach and Rooster Rock State Park. If anyone (Moman or Man) wants to go along anytime just let me know! Summer won't last forever! Get out there and get wet!

This post was edited

Just got the boat out and power washed. Was able to position it in a location in the back yard where I could wash it nude which was a good thing because it's hot as balls out today. Going to take her out tomorrow near Lake Manassas so I also need to put the rack on the car. Shaping up to be a good weekend!

This post was edited

I had a week's time reserved for nude camping and canoeing but I fell and broke my hip so that is out for this summer!

This post was edited

This Saturday I'm going to check out part of the Potomac well above Great Falls - not into the whitewater stuff at all. Just want to relax and paddle about a bit.

This post was edited

welcome to my neck of the woods. Voyagers is great for kayaking, While he BWCA is better for canoeing. The irst has open water while the2nd has a lot of portages.

This post was edited

I went out a couple times with some friends on the St John's. this
summer. We had a great time but there was too much boat
traffic and too many houses on the water to paddle nude. I'm
hoping to head to the gulf in a couple of weeks and get in some "in
the buff" paddling there.

This post was edited