Hello to Gene...

Hello Everyone,
What a wonderful summer it's turned out to be!

I am sothankful for Woodlot, but has anyone actually seen and
spoken with Gene this year? I can understand that he is of an
advanced age; not able to do many of things he used to do. But has
anyone spoken DIRECTLY to him or his caretaker recently?

I ask because over the years there have been so many people who
claim to work for Gene or in someway represent him. And, on my last
visit, someone I do not know nor have I ever seen this
person,comesover to me andmy
guestandveryimperiously"claims"to
work for Gene and "demands" payment. It may all be legitimate, but
I prefer to hand my money to Gene directly.
Can anyone vouch for this new "employee"? Again, not being cynical,
in the past there have been people who've collected money and never
gave a dime of it to Gene. So many people feel like there helping Gene, while scamming the rest of us. I am sorry to bring this to a discussion point, but we're not visiting Woodlot to just give our money to a "self-appointed" helper.

Don't mean to insult anyone - just being
prudent.

Comments? Feedback? Suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE: Hello to Gene...

I am the individual that is genes fee collector. I am there for my own relaxation. I offered to collect his fees. I am not cheating him in anyway. I saw that on my first day there that people were cheating the man. I cannot stand people that treat him this way. He is doing fine. He would like to talk to anyone that is there and willing to go to his second floor home. I see many people ask about him but very few are willing to spend time talking to an 88 year old man who has a hard time getting around. If anyone feels I am cheating him badly please ask him about me. I am divorced and was looking for a place I could relax and put my personal issues aside for a period of time and he has become a good friend to me.

This post was edited

Thanks Dale - all we wanted was clarification. Thank you for response. As you mentioned there are plenty of shady folks out there, we appreciate your explanation.

This post was edited

Dale764 is legit and the money is getting to Gene. Gene does not employ nor hire anyone to do this. Dale764 has taken this upon himself to see that monies are collected and get to Gene.
I do not recommend entering Gene's residence as it is a private residence.

This post was edited

Met Dale a couple of times..straight up guy.great help to Gene...no more needs to be said. Gene still gets out and cuts the grass and still enjoys talking to people who take the time to go up and see him.

This post was edited

If you are going to visit with Gene inside his house; take the outdoor stairs up to the sliding doors and knock to see if he is there and if he sees you he will wave you in. He usually welcomes people to visit with and make donations; he loves to chat.
Don't go through the downstairs from the pool area unless you know him very well and announce yourselves well in advance. He sleeps a lot and is hard of hearing so you do not want to surprise him - just saying.

This post was edited

Dale its the fisherman i would love to go up and say hello to Eugene

This post was edited