Bare to Breakers 2017

I just signed up for the 2017 Bay to Breakers (Bare to Breakers) in San Francisco. It's a really fun race. It draws about 60,000 participants, many of whom dress up in crazy costumes. There are also some of us who run it nude. I've run it naked three times. Running naked at B2B has been a tradition for decades. Over zealous police officers have harassed some nude participants in the past but I've never had a problem. I just keep running. If you haven't tried it, you really should.

This topic was edited
RE: Bare to Breakers 2017

I thought that now that Zappos is sponsoring the Bay to Breakers race they strongly prohibit nudity. I had wanted to run it this year but didn't because of my knee injury, did anyone here run it who can confirm nude running?

This post was edited

A lot of people participated nude last year. I've run it nude since Zappos started sponsoring.

This post was edited

The problem was with the former police chief and over zealous officers. From what I understand the sponsors have never had a problem.

This post was edited

As an internet spectator of the event, nude participation occurs every year. I
know it's strongly encouraged to dress after crossing the finish line. Nudity in
San Francisco was banned recently but nudity within the Bay To Breakers race was
grandfathered in. Many runners also wear the yellow hats and yellow balloons to
be easily spotted but not necessary.

This post was edited

also Zappos has had nude based advertising with the tagline, more than shoes, so I would think they'd be ok with the nudity

This post was edited

Good to know. Perhaps I will get out there one of these years to at least watch, or hopefully run.

This post was edited
RE:Bare to Breakers 2017

I have also signed up to do B2B 2017 and will be going nude as well - but walking for the most part. This will be my first time doing the race and first time ever in SF, so really looking forward to it! I read that there is no longer an official gathering for the Bare-2-Breakers crowd before the race, as had been in years past, which is a shame, but I have a couple of guys that I will be meeting up with and starting out with naked together, so it should ease the tension...as long as the weather cooperates!!

This post was edited

I am also going naked- love this race! would like to join with other guys.

This post was edited

Does anyone have any photos from this year's race they'd like to share? I ran it a number of years ago and didn't have a small enough camera to carry on the course.
Dave

This post was edited