RE: Illinois Beach State Park

Tomorrow (Monday) may be my last day out there for the season.

This post was edited

Going to try to get out today. Message me if you're going to make it. Stay naked!

This post was edited

I plan on being up there around 1200

This post was edited

Sunny and 80 today (October 17). One last beach day, it looks like. I'm going to escape when my meetings end at noon.

This post was edited

Twice in one week: The Monday trip wasn't as nice as I'd hoped: The sun didn't come out until around 2:!5, and the south beach was in this funny state of not quite deserted enough to be comfortable.
I got out there again on Sunday the 23rd, only a short time on the north unit. For a day that started in the 40s, it got up to the low 70s, quite pleasant except for the return of the biting flies.
It's doubtful we'll get any more days like that, this may be me signing off until spring.

This post was edited

I want summer to return..... I miss this place.

This post was edited

Can't wait also!!! Spring cannot come soon enough!

This post was edited

Tell me about it -- I'm desperate for a beach right now. I've got a trip planned for a couple months from now, but it's still not likely to be beach weather. I've been watching for cheap fares to Miami for a weekend getaway. Today's the first really sunny day we've had in weeks, so of course it's below freezing.

This post was edited

This Friday, sunny and in the 60s. Could be a nice day for the beach.

This post was edited

This Friday, sunny and in the 60s. Could be a nice day for the beach.

Tempting, except for that whole "cooler by the lake" thing.
My rule of thumb is a forecast of 73 or more at O'Hare for a shrinkage-free visit to IBSP (still won't go in the water, even a toe).

This post was edited