RE:If Don't Honor God You Don't Know How To Honor Other People

Where in his statements does he force you to believe as he does? Either I am blind or didn't understand, but nowhere does he compel any of us to accept his dogma. (By the way, I did agree with him on his basic points.) I am sorry for your failure to believe.

This post was edited

No, you won't find any mention of Christianity in the Constitution nor will you find any mention of ANY religion.I never said you would.I said that the founding documents are based on the same principles as Christianity.

You might try reading those founding documents and reading the Bible for yourself instead of just listening to Limbaugh or whatever podcast of talk show host you are listening to. The first set defines how to setup and run a government and rights. The second is principals in living life. The founding documents have basis in the Magna Carta and other historical governing documents not Christianty. As has been said the founding fathers were from different faiths and even atheist. I really doubt they would have agreed to documents based on Christianty. Even then what flavor, Catholic, Church of England! Russian Orthodox, Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, the list goes on and on.

I am a Christian but very much disagree with your statements. Through this thread.

This post was edited

Riddle me this Batman, what is the difference between religious beliefs and superstition?

and why is this "god" any more believable than santa claus, the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy?

This post was edited

This overall topic is indeed 'a tough one' and has many views as, obviously, demonstrated by the varied posts listed. I must, however, answer this specific one as it is longing for a reply,
"and why is this "god" any more believable than santa claus, the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy?".
Your initial reference of "god" is disrespectful from its outset. You do not address the head of a faith as such but as "God". Capital letter...always. And...more importantly, God has a written set of rules and instructions that give guidance to each reader, His audience, on how to conduct their daily affairs. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy are parts of parental discretion to aid in the early happiness and teaching of their children. The afore 'manifestations' (SC & EB) are early, child appropriate, primers for the lessons and rules of the faith. You have removed them from their context to provide support for your position...an out-of-context application at best. Each individual has a personal view, understanding or interpretation of God and their own conduct regarding such. Though you may not believe in God, that is your Constitutionally given choice. My choice is faith and it does not need agree with your version of mankind's logic...my faith asks that me step forward, albeit, often tentatively. So I end with this question; which do you find more valid...the age-old traditions or 'generation next'?

And...by-the-way, I just answered mine with the 'Save Changes' button.

This post was edited