RE: Illinois Beach State Park

So how was it? I couldn't get up there over the weekend. I had Monday off but it wasn't sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to break 70 again, but I've got meetings I can't skip out on.

This post was edited

Defiantly going up there tomorrow (Wednesday). 70+ in February in Chicago? Gotta love global warming.

This post was edited

Friday, 72 in March? Yep, Ill be there.....

This post was edited

I used to love that place when I lived in Chicago. I guess it still gets some naked beachers, glad to hear it. May stop by on my next trip down there in May. Let us know how Friday goes. Al

This post was edited

Can't get there today but wishing I could. Have fun!

This post was edited

81 degrees predicted for Saturday (inland, your mileage may vary), there's no way I'm skipping a day on the beach. I'll have to make the most of a short trip, as Easter prep is still needed, but I'll definitely be enjoying the sun and sand.

This post was edited

I'm doing the same thing on Saturday. Can't pass up a nice warm day this early in the season.

This post was edited

The beach was pretty empty, but for this early in the season there was a lot of ranger presence. The first time I saw him he stopped me to remind me not to go past the dead river (I wasn't, but I was walking in that direction). I said that rangers have been inconsistent, that in past years they've said it's fine to stay on the beach; this guy was insistent that nobody goes there without a permit. He circled back an hour later, and it looked like he cited someone for alcohol (can't be certain).

I was on the north unit for a while, and saw a ranger there too -- I haven't seen a ranger on the beach on the north unit's nature area in 20 years.

It's time to be a lot more cautious at IBSP.

This post was edited

Wednesday and Thursday should be great days up at the beach.

This post was edited

Today and tomorrow should be outstanding. I'll be there!

This post was edited