advice for iphone users

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on taking some nice artistic nude in nature shots next month with my girlfriend. Even though i am a artist, I am very new to photography and only have the use of an iphone. I know that's not the best thing to use, but at the moment that's all i have.

Any advice on how to go about camera angles, lighting, that sorta thing? Any apps out there that'll help? looking for a good self timer so we both can be in some shots. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-bunny

This topic was edited
RE:advice for iphone users

I'm looking forward to seeing responses here. Im limited to selfies so iPhone it is. There is a timer option on the iPhone btw that's super easy to use. I've used some of the colour options in the photo editing options, that's a nice start.

This post was edited

It's not bad... but unfortunately you cannot zoom in the selfie mode (reverse camera). I find the best thing to do is to run video... move around both the camera and yourself. Then, upload video into your computer's movie maker. Windows Movie Maker or Mac's DVD Home Movie (whatever - can't remember the name off hand). Anyway, you can freeze frame the video on all the shots you like and then screen capture the image, put it into photo editing software and enhance to your heart's desire.

This post was edited

I bought a selfie stick with a Bluetooth remote and tripod attachment. For group shots, I set the thing up as a tripod, get into the group with the remote, and snap away.

Many of my shots on here are taken with the selfie camera using my remote to trigger the thing.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Anyone know of any photo editing apps or camera apps that are good or worth checking out?

This post was edited

The GorillaCam app for iPhone is excellent. It has a timer as well as shooting in bursts. Another item to think about getting is a bluetooth remote trigger so you don't have to use a timer. I also use PS Express to edit photos. Think about getting a small tripod for your phone as well.

Make sure you use light and shadow to your advantage. Be conscious of where the sun is. Remember, photography is about capturing light, so take every effort to catch the most flattering rays.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the results!

The attached image I shot with an iPhone.

This post was edited

Thanks 4 the advice! I'm definitely gonna look into that app.

This post was edited

I bought a selfie stick with a Bluetooth remote and tripod attachment. For group shots, I set the thing up as a tripod, get into the group with the remote, and snap away.Many of my shots on here are taken with the selfie camera using my remote to trigger the thing.

I use Photoshop to correct he exposure and crop my photos, especially the selfies shot with a timer.

This post was edited

Good info I also use my iPhone for pictures another tip that I have is a lot of times I use a video and then I edit the video and pull a screenshot of that seems to cut down on my failed attempts

This post was edited