RE:What do you wear when you cant be nude but want to be...

It baffles me how Americans have somehow decided that "shorts" should be baggy high water pants. It's ridiculous. I wear shorts, real shorts like real men used to wear in the 50's. I also wear a Speedo when I absolutely must wear a swim suit, and of course I get smirks and insults from other "Americans". Anyone from just about any other country assumes I'm one of them. Sad.

This post was edited

Like others have said, it depends, but the minimum required. If just out around the house when I expect a delivery or possible visitor its just a pair of boxers. If going to town or movie then light shirt and shorts. I keep sandles in the car if needed, but generally barefoot. Now if its cold ill look like an Eskimo!

This post was edited

home made or modified mesh gym shorts, was the most common 70's style sportswear. Except mine are mesh so the air can pass through, and the light some, so if I want full protection from shadow visibility of "forbidden" parts, i have to wear a snug brief underneath. But when feeling risky and not too much risk of conservative company I have one that is split to the waistband on sides and shorter than the others, was wearing it for awhile today while loading the truck near the incoming county road. But anything is too much when I work alone out of sight of the road.

I have taken those mesh knee shorts that all the stores seem to have the last few years, they come in double layer construction since single layer is too thin and revealing for most people. I cut the liner out, and then cut the legs off short and make a V cut up both sides, then hem the edge. (Probably could get by without hemming it if ya don't have a sewing machine.) One had a heavy enough liner to make another pair out of, Put elastic band into the waist and did the same with it's legs. Turn those stupid long shorts into old style short gym shorts. The V side cut makes them looser fitting and less restricting to movement.

This post was edited

It baffles me how Americans have somehow decided that "shorts" should be baggy high water pants. It's ridiculous. I wear shorts, real shorts like real men used to wear in the 50's..

I agree, I don't like to call them 'shorts' I and a few others I know call them 'longs'. I also refuse to spend any money on shorts unless they are truly shorts like I used to wear in the 70s and 80s. I figure I won't buy the styles they put out today and hopefully others do the same etc eventually the 'fashion' industry will change the styles back. I'm surprised they don't anyway as old styles come back, plus they are cheaper to make.

This post was edited

It baffles me how Americans have somehow decided that "shorts" should be baggy high water pants. It's ridiculous. I wear shorts, real shorts like real men used to wear in the 50's..I agree, I don't like to call them 'shorts' I and a few others I know call them 'longs'. I also refuse to spend any money on shorts unless they are truly shorts like I used to wear in the 70s and 80s. I figure I won't buy the styles they put out today and hopefully others do the same etc eventually the 'fashion' industry will change the styles back. I'm surprised they don't anyway as old styles come back, plus they are cheaper to make.

I wear proper shorts, just long enough to cover the tackle. Anything more than halfway between Knob and kneecap, I don't class as shorts.

This post was edited

I wear my loosest pair of basketball shorts or a robe depending on what it is I'm doing.

This post was edited

I have few pairs of loose running shorts I purchased years ago. They are not too long and end just 3 inches above the knee.For me, ending 3 inches above the knee is WAAAYYY too long. I prefer mine to end 5 or so inches below my crotch, so I have more of my upper thighs exposed to the sun and wind. I have made cut off shorts out of old blue jeans by turning them inside out and cutting just below the tip of the front pockets. I don't really like them to be any longer than that. The less cloth there is the better, in my opinion.

Do you remember when the style was to cut them short enough to have the bottom of he pocket showing?

This post was edited

I have few pairs of loose running shorts I purchased years ago. They are not too long and end just 3 inches above the knee.For me, ending 3 inches above the knee is WAAAYYY too long. I prefer mine to end 5 or so inches below my crotch, so I have more of my upper thighs exposed to the sun and wind. I have made cut off shorts out of old blue jeans by turning them inside out and cutting just below the tip of the front pockets. I don't really like them to be any longer than that. The less cloth there is the better, in my opinion.Do you remember when the style was to cut them short enough to have the bottom of he pocket showing?

Still wear them that short at age 68. I wear my jeans out first just below the crotch where my legs rub when I walk. The jeans then get cut off at the wear point. I should probably walk more because I am running out of cut offs. Eventually the rest of the crotch disintegrates.

This post was edited

Normally Jeans and a t shirt

This post was edited

Spring thru late fall, shorts, tank top and sandals with a cap. Late fall to early spring weather appropriate, jeans shirt jacket shoes n socks, never wear constricting tidy whities, always commando.

This post was edited