RE: Grooming Question

I'm sticking with waxing. It lasts 5-6 weeks and even that last week before a follow up treatment, the hair is quite fine and barely noticeable and doesn't feel like the stubble from shaving.I recently had a treatment and added my upper arms and my back. My wife loves the smooth back and so do I. I like what my aesthetician did with my upper arms as well. I had patches of hair and she removed them and I like the fact that I don't have those patches of hair that I was occasionally pulling at.In about a month, I'll return for another wax treatment and I will add my butt and upper thighs to my hair removal routine. One thing I have noticed is that, when I had back hair and some hair on my upper arms and butt crack, the towel glided much easier over those parts after a shower. Not a big deal. I prefer the smooth skin and don't mind patting myself dry now! :D

How painful is waxing? I don't mind having body hair, but I don't like having back hair, specifically.

Since you get waxed regularly, is it cost effective compared to just shaving, or is this more of a "you get what you pay for" quality of life decision?

This post was edited
RE:Grooming Question

This morning before taking a shower I figured it might be a good idea to nair the hair on my chest. Sometimes it's a razor other times nair. Well for the second time I got pretty bad chemical burns. Previously, for the last decade or so I've used Nair for Men with no issues.Anyone have any suggestions on other options? I've thought about waxing but have no idea how that works, if it's really painful or how long it might last.Considering Lazer Hair Removal but haven't made a final decision on it yet.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

The problem with hair removal creams for men is that you MUST be completely clean before using them, as in showered or bathed. Like yourself, I used Veet for men (same as Nair), and it reacted with my body sweat and will also react with deodorants as well, as silly as it sounds, you must shower first, put the cream on then shower again. The only other thing I can think is that they have changed some of the components of Nair and that your body is sensitive to that.

Waxing is fine, but can be a little painful, depending on where your being waxed. Electrolysis and Laser removal are expensive, so the alternative is to see if there is another hair removal product for men or go with the waxing.

This post was edited

C'mon guys, man up and get waxing! I have a full Brazilian wax (crack, sack, shaft) every six weeks. If your hair is at the right length (needs to be about the length of a rice grain) it will not be too painful - and, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. It's not cheap, but it's so much cleaner and smoother than shaving. It helps that I use a lovely lady who lets me get completely naked for the wax (and last time, there was a cute apprentice sitting in). I actually look forward to the sessions.

This post was edited

I've had full brozillians done. Pubic hair brings a tear but the rest is manageable. I had my back lasered years ago so I only have a few strays. I am not that hairy on my legs but I do like smooth legs in the summer. I've tried Nair for Men and had no success, I seem to have best success with Veet Sensitive.

This post was edited

I'm sticking with waxing. It lasts 5-6 weeks and even that last week before a follow up treatment, the hair is quite fine and barely noticeable and doesn't feel like the stubble from shaving.I recently had a treatment and added my upper arms and my back. My wife loves the smooth back and so do I. I like what my aesthetician did with my upper arms as well. I had patches of hair and she removed them and I like the fact that I don't have those patches of hair that I was occasionally pulling at.In about a month, I'll return for another wax treatment and I will add my butt and upper thighs to my hair removal routine. One thing I have noticed is that, when I had back hair and some hair on my upper arms and butt crack, the towel glided much easier over those parts after a shower. Not a big deal. I prefer the smooth skin and don't mind patting myself dry now! :DHow painful is waxing? I don't mind having body hair, but I don't like having back hair, specifically.Since you get waxed regularly, is it cost effective compared to just shaving, or is this more of a "you get what you pay for" quality of life decision?

Sorry ... I never saw this question asked of me.

How painful is waxing? It truly depends on your tolerance to pain. I happen to have a high tolerance for pain ... so I'm told. Having my back, butt, butt crack pubic area hair removed isn't painful for me and I still hold a conversation with her without skipping a word, but when she does wax my scrotum and pulls off that wax with that hair, it keeps me quiet for those few seconds! LOL

Is it cost effective? How much is your time worth? My wife is scared to death of taking a razor to any part of me ... especially my penis, scrotum and pubic area. She prefers that I shave her but she's afraid to return the favor. Shaving took too much time every 2-3 days and with adding my back, butt, upper arms, hip area, upper thighs ... the time I save is worth the money I spend at the esthetician ... and the smoothness lasts for 5-6 weeks! Most times, I can go 8 weeks but that is only when I or my esthetician have scheduling conflicts.

My esthetician is the only esthetician I could find in the area that would provide these services to men. Because of that, I think she can charge a little more. Her pricing is somewhat difficult to understand. She preformed the same services for me before and charged me less and then preformed them again and charged me more ... it's only $15-20 difference. I will pay the extra to have someone willing to do these services for men. It doesn't help that she's over an hour away from home but it's a nice drive and I do it nude each time and both ways. Works well for those areas that just had the hair removed to get some air instead of being covered by clothes!

Nose, shoulders, upper arms, back, butt, butt crack, upper thighs, Brazilian ... $210 with tip! Worth every penny for me!

This post was edited
RE:Grooming Question

Try an electric body groomer. I think mine is a Schick. It's like an electric shaver & comes. It's gentle on the scrotum, doesn't nick or cut. Mine came with several groomers for different lengths of body hair. Lasts long enough on a charge to do most of your body. Mine has an extension handles so you can shave your back. Much better than a safety razor or regular shaver.

This post was edited

I shave from my neck down to my knees, almost every morning before I shower. It does increase sensitivity in addition to being cooler during the hot summer. I use a bladed razor, a 4 or 5 blade type, and have no irritation, I use plain liquid shampoo which keeps good visibility on what you are doing. Once you have a smooth area, if you need a quick touch up--some (not all) of the foil-type-head electric razors do work without irritation.

This post was edited