Does your partner have issues being nude?

I hear lots of stories from people who love nudity but there partner is not into it for a whole lot of reasons. It would be great to her any stories of how someone might have successfully introduced their partner into nudism.

This topic was edited
RE:Does your partner have issues being nude?

My wife is a trained concert pianist. Even at age 83 she is very careful about how she is presented to the public--even just friends. We are very comfortable nude together and have slept that way for 56 years, but in any other company she is very careful to present herself as her very best, in carefully selected clothes and jewelry. A lifetime of that kind of thing makes nudism rather unlikely. I'm on TN alone, although there are a couple of pictures of us together, definitely not nude.

This post was edited

My wife is not really into nudism much. She went with me to some CO beaches years ago, pre kids, but a bit reluctantly on the return visits. She hasn't been since. I go often and would like her to be with me. She occasionally gets naked in our back yard if we've been working in the yard on a week-end but that would only be after a drink or to. We have a private yard but she's still worried someone might see. It's a bit to do with her mother and how she was brought up I think. It's disappointing and a challenge .

I think too the media bombardment of images of extra-ordinary women make some feel like that is an impossible comparison, and it is. The image of the perfect man is not something that appears much on this site either but maybe guys are less worried. We have three grown up kids and we are in our 50's and my wife still looks good but that is not enough.

Anyway gentle encouragement and no pressure is my approach. Cheers, SBN.

This post was edited

I have been on here for about a year and in my profile I said I am introducing my fianc to nudism slowly. She was pretty reluctant at first. I did talk her into taking some semi nude and then nude pics outdoors. Because of her job she is worried about being caught so we are very careful. She has actually enjoyed taking the pictures and stated that she loved how the sun and wind feels when it hits her naked body. We did visit 40 Acres a few weeks ago but it was too cool to get naked and there was not anyone around because of the weather. We recently joined AANR and can't wait to visit one of the locations soon. Too bad we didn't start this at the beginning of Spring instead of the end of Summer.

This post was edited

It's summer here now and while I'm nude nearly every day outside my wife still is reluctant. Waiting for a few more hot weekends, having a beer or wine out on our paved courtyard that faces west and gets afternoon sun. I sit there often, my wife was half interested last summer, will see how it goes, no pressure.

About to have a camping break along the coast, there is a CO beach nearby and our business is doing some work near the CO beach, may take her for a look.

This post was edited

I wish I had some magic advice but it was kind of lucky for me, with my wife and nudism.

I was a nudist while we were dating in HS. I continued throughout my time in the Navy and after two years in the Navy, we got married and she just followed suit. She's always said that "being a nudist is in your DNA." I have a need, desire and prefer to live this way. She has a desire and prefers living as a nudist but doesn't have the need as I do. I'll do anything to be nude, she is okay if she has to put something on to stay warm.

She's had a few set backs and one of them, I was the cause. Seems that my subscription to Playboy magazine was bothering her more than she let on. She felt I was comparing her and her naked body to the women in the magazine. When I stopped the subscription and threw away the magazines, her attitude toward nudity and nudism hit the accelerator! It's been a pretty smooth cruise ever since.

She only has issues with being nude when we are at the beach and the guys walk by 100 times and pretend like they aren't looking or when they sit too close that I have to tell them to find someplace else to go. What she's started doing was just covering up. The guys get tired of waiting to catch a glimpse so they move on quickly and she uncovers.

This post was edited

I wish I had such a story. Mine was going good until a negative comment. My wife is very insecure and negative about herself. I have worked for 22 years to improve her self esteem. I can say that for a short while her outlook of herself was improving and confidence in attitude. I will always stand beside her and work to help her whether she return to nudism or not. For any women out there. Social nudism and body acceptance can work miracles for your happiness. Just like when your parents told you to try asparagus. Try it whole heartedly. Jump full in. If you decide your don't like the taste then just opt out. Only thing you have to loose is a few people seeing you naked that you will never see again. But just maybe you could find a happiness that you've never known and so little to lose and so much to gain. It leads a person to say. Why not. Like any group the people are what make it worth while and nudists are I think the happiness people on earth!

This post was edited

My wife also has some body issues. They have improved immensely since we started being active in social nudism. Unlike the Madison Ave or Hollywood view of women, she was able to see regular women (and men), and realized she was actually normal. She loves going to Cypress Cove and even has enjoyed spending time nude with different couples in homes. She still isn't happy with everything about her body (she's talked about getting some work done on her boobs) but overall enjoys our naked times together.

Realize we were married 36 years before we tried social nudism, so it's never too late.

This post was edited

I asked my wife. she said, "I wish I looked like a model but I don't. I'm middle-aged, short and fluffy. And I can be nude whenever I want and when it's appropriate."

This post was edited

congrats to you and your special lady. ( I have one too, so we are both fortunate!!)

This post was edited

Well said, Andy - a wise married man.

This post was edited