Welcome to this reading group.

I hope to build up a group of folks who enjoy reading as much as I do. We can recommend reads and authors and trade thoughts about our finds.

This topic was edited
RE:Welcome to this reading group.

Thanks, I read on a regular basis. I read several different subjects as well as trade magazines.

This post was edited

As an avid naked guy and as an avid reader, this group seems like it was designed for me. Thanks for getting it going!

Read hard; stay naked!

This post was edited

you are welcome . please post topics so that others will be motivated to contribute.

my read book list stands at 65 as of this week. always got a book going.

This post was edited

I'm glad someone started a thread like this! I read all the time. Right now I have 5 books going at once.

This post was edited

I usually keep several books or magazines going at once. Right now, for instance, I've got the current issue of National Geographic, the September 1943 issue of Reader's Digest, "The Gods Defense" by Amie Gibbons, "A Broken Journey" by Mary Gaunt from Project Gutenberg, and I'm listening to a Librivox collection of science fiction short stories during my commute. I've found that with both librivox.org and gutenberg.org there are a lot of older books that are very good reads (or listens, as the case may be). And you can't beat the price!

This post was edited

I enjoy reading Harlan Coben books

This post was edited

Those are good - I've read (or listened to) several.

This post was edited

You can still get a lot old books for free to your Kindle from Amazon. More than pays for the device in no time. I'm currently reading the Apocryphal books that were omitted from the Bible. Dreadfully tedious reading but I'm getting there.

This post was edited

There are also lots of old books available as e-books from Project Gutenberg: https://www.gutenberg.org Classics, mysteries, science fiction, histories, travel books, and much more.

This post was edited