RE:Getting more young people to try nudism

An interesting post, thanks for putting it up.
I raise my two boys nude which they are comfortable with and used to. However society does play its part in challenging their perception. As my oldest gets older he is becoming more conscious that others ight think nudity is "weird" or "not normal". At an age where normal is what they want to be so as not to be singled out or shamed for being different.
I teach my boys that every body has a body. And every bodies body is different and that's ok (however I do emphasis the importance of being active, fit and healthy). Their self and body confidence reflects this but they will continue to be pressured by peers to be "normal". As such I will continue to help them understand they have nothing to be embarrassed about of their bodies and that the world would be a boring place if we all were the same.

This post was edited

I just sampled a number of YouTube videos of college naked runs, WNBR, World Skinny Dip record and there are quite a number of young people in those who are willing to go with a group of people in the same age range. They may not be of a mindset to join a club or visit a resort, but they are having fun. It is amusing to watch those who want to participate yet have their reservations. More than a few have genitals cupped in their hands or hands covering breasts.

If you consider there is strength in numbers and it is a First Amendment right to protest while naked. Perhaps these kids could protest in parks and on beaches enough to be granted places to be nude without having to join or pay.

This post was edited

I admire young people for being both pragmatic and confident, and there are not many pragmatic options to be naked in the US anyway as this thread points out. Resorts are also strange and unnatural. I too have a hard time with old people, including my peers at age 54; it's an attitude. Do you have a Korea spa or something like that nearby? That will help people explore social nudism with more convenience on their terms - no drones or cams allowed. Good luck!

This post was edited

I myself fall into the category of a mature male nudist. I am relatively new nudist, certainly not a lifer. I was fairly convinced that nudist were 90% male and that older males have the least issue with taking their clothes off. However, after a few visits to a nearby hot springs resort, I found hope that the demographic is a little larger. In particular, last year right after college got out I was surprised to find several groups of college-aged women staying at the clothing optional hot springs, along with a few young couples, along with the usual crowd. The mature men were well outnumbered for a least a couple of days. It was obvious that many of them were trying it out for the first time and not all were sheading their bathing suits. Hopefully, they go back and are bolder next time, and hopefully, those that were naked, become addicted to the lifestyle.

This post was edited

Nkhiker mentioned the number of young people at his local clothing optional hot springs (no doubt Orient Land Trust, in Colorado) and the # relative to older people. I just finished a 2-week volunteer tour there as Camp Host, and witnessed a similar proportion. This was in mid-October (2017) and I would say the age groups were evenly distributed, even leaning towards under 40. It fluctuated depending on day of week. Weekends = older crowd that can afford to donate more for higher membership level, which allows more advanced reservations. Also, after 10/1 the tent camping fee = $0, so younger folks can afford to come. During this October period, I would guess 95% were completely nude in the pools. During the summer, and apparently spring break, there seems to be more newbies trying out the C/O concept and therefore fewer total nudes. Which is the whole point of C/O!
My main conclusions would be:
- Young people want the CHOICE. Whether a beach or hot springs, "Clothing Optional" allows them to test the waters and get used to the idea and experience of shedding clothes, at their own pace and comfort level.
- Young people (& all people) want/need SAFETY & PRIVACY. Respect is the key component of both (something emphasized strongly at OLT/VVHS). The reality is, those things can only be provided and maintained at a well established and well monitored situation/setting. From my experience and observation, that translates into a clothing optional venue like Orient Land Trust/VVHS or Orvis HS in Colorado. Or a well patrolled (officially or by volunteers) c/o beach like Haulover (FL), or Hippie Hollow (TX) and some of the natural hot springs in OR etc. These places are typically strict about NO Phones. Drones are obviously going to be an increasing issue, on beaches in particular.
- Young people want AFFORDABLILITY (low cost) & FLEXIBILITY (don't have to join or commit)

------ Nudeprewd 11/16/2017

This post was edited

Wish there were more opportunities or groups for nudity on college campuses. In the early 80's there was a "Nude Church " just off campus but my girlfriend would not let me go so I had little exposure to social nudity until the second wife and we actually went to a resort and she loved it.
I think college age is the perfect time to do some education on the benefits of social nudity and I think that would go a long way in improving the respect of women by men

This post was edited

Interesting reply and I can see that being accurate. Our sons know we are nudists. Once we revealed to them it didn't matter much who else knows. Our oldest son is now mid thirties. Single and dates. As does many off his friends both male and female. Afew of them know of my wife and my nudity. Ironically the biggest critics of us are ones that are real party animals. These same people think nothing of sex on first dates. Are known through the town for their party ways. Couple of the women have children and they each have different fathers. Yet mywife and I don't judge them. They are fun people to be around and generally great people. But they can't stop the judgement of us and like to throw it up at us when the chance is there. humorously of course. And they always say they don't wantto vision us old folks nude.

This post was edited