Number of Home Nudists in the United States (and Elsewhere)

I love being nude around the house, so am all the time. I'm wondering how many people in the US stay nude in their homes pretty much all the time, even if they aren't nudists elsewhere. I've tried to find statistics for the United States and other countries, but can't find any. Does anyone here know where I can find this or simply what the stats are? Thanks.

This topic was edited
RE:Number of Home Nudists in the United States (and Elsewhere)

I love being nude around the house, so am all the time. I'm wondering how many people in the US stay nude in their homes pretty much all the time, even if they aren't nudists elsewhere. I've tried to find statistics for the United States and other countries, but can't find any. Does anyone here know where I can find this or simply what the stats are? Thanks.

No idea, but I think that would be something hard to track. Honestly, I think there are probably FAR more home nudist than we could possible know about.

This post was edited

Just out of curiosity, and as a matter of opinion: I was reading recently that some feel that living naked at home is not the same as being a nudist. To be a "true nudist," you must interact socially while naked with another person.

I'm not so sure how to feel about that - it's cold out. No beaches for the NE US. Resorts "not as fun" when only indoor possibilities - I do like attending an activity. And it seems that anyone is (rightfully) suspicious about offers to hang out naked with others. When there is a gathering or get-together with an advertised indoor activity, there is usually a disclaimer that purchasing a ticket to the event does not necessarily mean you will be permitted in.

I'm fine hanging out at home, despite the opinion of some that I'm simply "naked" and not a "nudist."

Any ideas or opinions?

This post was edited

If someone likes not to wear clothes I consider them a nudist. They may not be social nudists, they just like to be nude. I enjoy staying nude around the house. I go nude outdoors as much as I can, too, since my yard is private. I rent a cabin each year with a private two mile trail and hike nude. I stay nude the entire time I'm there, from the moment I arrive until I get in the car to leave. (I rode nude home one time and stayed nude for another week, but that's another story. :)) My wife doesn't care for nudity, but likes to see me nude. In an odd way she enjoys it as much as I do.

I went to a nudist resort a few years ago. I liked the social aspect, but it's not a necessity for me so I make no effort to visit anymore. (Maybe that one visit makes me a social nudist? :) ). Anyway, I'm sitting here not wearing a stitch. If I'm not a nudist, I'm not sure what I am. Just naked?

This post was edited

If someone likes not to wear clothes I consider them a nudist. They may not be social nudists, they just like to be nude. I enjoy staying nude around the house. I go nude outdoors as much as I can, too, since my yard is private. I rent a cabin each year with a private two mile trail and hike nude. I stay nude the entire time I'm there, from the moment I arrive until I get in the car to leave. (I rode nude home one time and stayed nude for another week, but that's another story. :)) My wife doesn't care for nudity, but likes to see me nude. In an odd way she enjoys it as much as I do.

I went to a nudist resort a few years ago. I liked the social aspect, but it's not a necessity for me so I make no effort to visit anymore. (Maybe that one visit makes me a social nudist? :) ). Anyway, I'm sitting here not wearing a stitch. If I'm not a nudist, I'm not sure what I am. Just naked?

This post was edited

Really don't know, but I have read some statistically valid surverys that indicate that about 10% of telecommuters work nude at home.
I would assume that anyone who worked nude at home would also be nude at other times.
Probably also some telecommuters that feel the need to get dressed when working, but are nude at home when not working,
Difficult to say if telecommuters are more or less likely to be nude at home that those who go to work or retirees.

This post was edited

I don't have any stats on home nudists, but have been one for many years. However; I do not limit myself to the house - I garden nude, go to nude beaches, clubs and camps - I'm a social nudist too.

This post was edited

Why the need to put a label on it? If you like to be naked ___ BE NAKED.

This post was edited

Why the need to put a label on it? If you like to be naked ___ BE NAKED.

This post was edited

The only stat I could find is the percentage of people who sleep naked. It's around 17%.
Logically, we can surmise that people who sleep completely naked might be more inclined to being nude before or after going to bed. But it's still probably only going to be a small fraction of the 17% that remains naked extensively beyond sleeptime. Beyond that I have no idea. Any statisticians in the house!?

The people that I have met, who spend "extended" time naked at home, generally do not consider themselves nudists. When bringing up my own nudism, their retort is typically along the lines of: "Naked at home with the fam - ok. Completely naked in front of strangers - not ok." Yet, in at least a case or two, it totally looked and felt like nudism to me. So I guess what constitutes a "nudist life" or not is a subjective matter.

This post was edited

Avondale,
Well said, we are naked because we like to be naked!

This post was edited