Can't Stop the Music -- YMCA scene

Rated PG when it was released in 1980, and it featured co-ed nudity, showering, hot tubbing during this song. Steve Guttenberg, Valerie Perrine, Bruce Jenner and the Village People. Plus, speedos, jockstraps, and short shorts. It's a regular skin fest: https://youtu.be/BV0-_Ez8UZE

This topic was edited
RE:Can't Stop the Music -- YMCA scene

Just tried your link and it said " This video not available".

This post was edited

The scenes ... camp as camp can be ... and poor old Valerie Perrine serves as a fig leaf ... anyway a big fun ... YMCA ... it's fun to stay at the ...

This post was edited

The show sounds fun, I will look it up. I was at the Y the other day and often wonder if that song, while cute, actually caused a retreat from comfortable widespread nudity in men's locker rooms. Straight guys were suddenly mortified that anothe guy might be looking at them. A few of us are still OK with nakedness but, for example, gang showers are often replaced by individual ones now, and towel dances are common. (BTW, is there an American Bandstand rating for towel dance music?).

This post was edited

That link does work. So much in that short clip! Thanks for the memories!

This post was edited

Who would have known that these hot pants and crop tops Bruce Jenner is wearing are responsible for his decision to become Caitlyn Jenner ;-)

This post was edited

Unfortunately, the anti-nudity thing was already in place a few years before the song came along.

Actual dates:
Montreal -- Jan. 1, 1976 bathing suits required
Cleveland -- still nude June 1978. No longer by September 1978. I was actually thankful for a while to be in a place that was kind of behind the times.

The song YMCA -- 1978

This post was edited