Retirement and Clothing Supply

Retiring also is a time when it is possible to reduce your clothing stock.
When I retired, I gave away most of my work clothes, except one suit, 4 long sleeve and 1 short sleeve dress shirt, and a very few ties.
Over the next two year, I got rid of some "business casual" shirts and slacks, most of my dress socks, and all of my underwear and undershirts.
Who else did something similar?

This topic was edited
RE:Retirement and Clothing Supply

I did the same. I only have one pair of Dockers, for the rest of my wardrobe, I have jeans, shorts, t-shirts and a couple of hoodies. I go nude whenever I can.
No underwear?
I don't have any myself.

This post was edited

I did the same. I only have one pair of Dockers, for the rest of my wardrobe, I have jeans, shorts, t-shirts and a couple of hoodies. I go nude whenever I can.
If you lived in a warmer climate, you might not need the jeans and could just wear shorts for all casual occasions.

This post was edited

Hi I am from the North Island of New Zealand and if you pick the correct area you could just about get away nude all year round.Any ladies want to join me?

How would you get supplies, etc.
Someone on another board moved to gran canaria and even found some small rural markets where he could get produce, fish, milk eggs and chicken without getting dressed, as well as a tavern and cafe where he could go nude.

This post was edited

Hear hear!

The day I retired from the USAF, the uniform went into the trash as soon as I was "free". Put on the short shorts, polo shirt and flip-flops. Settled in South Florida--threw out/gave away the mess dress, a bunch of suits and sport coats, baggy trousers, etc. No underwear or socks!

For me, If I can't be naked, I'm absolutely minimalist, became fully smooth and never looked back!

Let's be friends!

Dave

This post was edited

Hear hear!The day I retired from the USAF, the uniform went into the trash as soon as I was "free". Put on the short shorts, polo shirt and flip-flops. Settled in South Florida--threw out/gave away the mess dress, a bunch of suits and sport coats, baggy trousers, etc. No underwear or socks!For me, If I can't be naked, I'm absolutely minimalist, became fully smooth and never looked back!Let's be friends!Dave
Thanks for the post.
Can you give an estimate of how much clothing you now have.

This post was edited

I got rid of a lot of my clothes because now I am normally dressed one day a week for grocery shopping and other in town errands

Naturally yours,
George
Currently living in Florida's Most Beautiful Clothes-Free Resort

This post was edited

dI got rid of a lot of my clothes because now I am normally dressed one day a week for grocery shopping and other in town errandsNaturally yoursGeorgeCurrently living in Florida's Most Beautiful Clothes-Free Resort

Are you often nude continuously for 6 days in a row?
How much clothing do you now own?

This post was edited

dI got rid of a lot of my clothes because now I am normally dressed one day a week for grocery shopping and other in town errandsNaturally yoursGeorgeCurrently living in Florida's Most Beautiful Clothes-Free ResortAre you often nude continuously for 6 days in a row?How much clothing do you now own?

being nude for six days in a row is not unusual for me
I now own very little clothing as the average person spends more time dressed in one day than I do in one month

This post was edited

dI got rid of a lot of my clothes because now I am normally dressed one day a week for grocery shopping and other in town errandsNaturally yoursGeorgeCurrently living in Florida's Most Beautiful Clothes-Free ResortAre you often nude continuously for 6 days in a row?How much clothing do you now own?being nude for six days in a row is not unusual for meI now own very little clothing as the average person spends more time dressed in one day than I do in one month

Someone on another board commented that when he retired and got rid of the clothing he no longer needed, what he still had would fit on a shelf or two in the laundry room so he took out his closet and gave away his dresser for more living space. Have you considered a similar change?

This post was edited

On the day I retired I stopped on the way home, stripped naked and made a bonfire of all my work clothes. My shoes were still smoldering a day later.

This post was edited