Textile husband

Hello,
I'm new to the group. I'm 51 and I live wit my husband (41 year old Filipino) who can't be more textile than he is.
He eve sleeps in underwear AND shorts on. Crazy.
He doesn't mind me being naked at home or to go to nudist gatherings, but I'd love him to join me.
I even have a local friend who's a nudist and also has a textile Filipino husband, but he was able to convert him and how his husband is OK being naked around the house with him and a few other guys.
I'd love to achieve that. They suggested that we go over to their house for dinner and us 3 will be naked and he can be clothed if he wanted to and we hope that eventually he'd give up and shed his clothes, but he doesn't even want to hear about it. He doesn't want us to be naked.
So, what do I do?
You guys have any suggestions? Anyone with the same situation or experience?
Thanks.
Gyorgy

This topic was edited
RE:Textile husband

What is the problem you wish to solve? Is it that your husband does not wish to be naked in front of others, or that he doesn't wish YOU to be naked in front of others? Either way (or both!), does this come from a strongly held belief system (religion, upbringing, etc) or just a mild preference? Is he perhaps jealous that others are seeing you in what he considers a sexual way?
If the problem stems from him equating nudity with sex then I might suggest that you can (gently and with patience) change his thinking on that issue, perhaps watch programming such as "clothes free TV" or other nudist and naturist materials can help him think about nudity in a way that separates it from sexuality.
If the problem stems from him being uncomfortable with the thought of anyone seeing his naked body (for example, how does he feel about nudity in a gym changing room, or even his doctor seeing him naked?) then you might work with him to improve is own self image and help him feel comfortable that others won't judge him or think negatively of him when they see him naked.
Regardless of the root cause(s), it may be a long journey for him to come to truly accept and be comfortable with you being nude in social settings.

This post was edited

NudePAmale2's response is great! Once I was hiking by a quarry with a buddy and wanted to take a nude dip. There were no other people around and I didn't think twice about stripping down. Then he just froze and told me that he was being triggered by childhood sexual trauma experience which he had shared earlier about. He wasn't mad at me and we were both just taking care of ourselves, so it wasn't a big deal either way. People's attitude towards nudity and their bodies is complex and deeply rooted. Trauma can just as well be gained form being preached negative body images as physical abuse, so be patient with your husband, and be glad if he is willing to be intimate with you without his briefs and shorts on!

This post was edited

NudePAmale2's response is great! Once I was hiking by a quarry with a buddy and wanted to take a nude dip. There were no other people around and I didn't think twice about stripping down. Then he just froze and told me that he was being triggered by childhood sexual trauma experience which he had shared earlier about. He wasn't mad at me and we were both just taking care of ourselves, so it wasn't a big deal either way. People's attitude towards nudity and their bodies is complex and deeply rooted. Trauma can just as well be gained form being preached negative body images as physical abuse, so be patient with your husband, and be glad if he is willing to be intimate with you without his briefs and shorts on!

This post was edited

Agreed, NudePAmale's response is on the money.

My wife does not share my enjoyment of nudity around our home or our yard. I've gone to beaches for years and she knows because of my tan and lack of tan lines but she seems to ignore or accept that is what I like and enjoy. I would like her to have a similar enjoyment but for various reasons of her prudish parents, her mother was abused as a child, her dad is strictly religious etc. she is quite affected.

These are reasons that seem to be common or similar for many people. Your suggestions about taking time and doing things gradually are good trouble is that we are in autumn here now (Southern OZ) so it's cooling. I think she is improving in walking from the bathroom to our bedroom naked and when applying lotions to her skin and staying naked for a little longer but it is a slow process.

Patience, while not my strong point, is a virtue apparently so I'm going to have to work on that on.

Cheers, SBN.

This post was edited

I am the nudist (was a go-go boy in the olden days), but hubby is not. He sleeps in the nude, but puts on clothes as soon as he gets up. Im hoping hell be more relaxed when we retire to Spain. Hang in there folks!

This post was edited

I am the nudist (was a go-go boy in the olden days), but hubby is not. He sleeps in the nude, but puts on clothes as soon as he gets up. Im hoping hell be more relaxed when we retire to Spain. Hang in there folks!

Where in Spain will you be retiring. Someone on another board shared that he and his husband retired to Gran Canaria and they are nude essentially 100% of the time. Even found some food stands, cafes and taverns where they can go nude!

This post was edited

Just wondering if the nudist members were nudists when they met their spouses and knew of the different positions of the spouse.
Someone on another board posted that when he and his male lover met, he was a nudist but his soon to be lover was not.
He made it clear up front that if they were going to live to together he expected his lover to be nude at home.
The lover reluctantly agreed, but now they are both equally enthusiastic about being nude as much as possilbe.

This post was edited

Just wondering if the nudist members were nudists when they met their spouses and knew of the different positions of the spouse.Someone on another board posted that when he and his male lover met, he was a nudist but his soon to be lover was not.He made it clear up front that if they were going to live to together he expected his lover to be nude at home.The lover reluctantly agreed, but now they are both equally enthusiastic about being nude as much as possilbe.

Of all the things I would not make a dealbreaker. Besides, I'm naked because I'm more comfortable that way.

I wouldn't call my husband a nudist, but given that it's just the two of us, sometimes he'll have an idea while showering and go sit at his desk naked and get some work done.

Me, I'm the nudist. I'm usually naked through the day (I work at home).

It took him some time to figure it out. Yeah, early on when we started having sex, he'd get dressed after, and I'd sleep nude. Once we moved in together, he found out that I slept nude every night. Roommates limited my at-home nudity, but once we had our own place, I had my naked time.

This post was edited