Tattoo???

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. I've always wanted one, but I'm not one for pain. Should I get one??

This topic was edited
RE:Tattoo???

I dont have any tats and cant speak of the pain in getting one. I personally won't considering getting one until I am a lot older, such as in my 70s or 80s when I'm on my final stretch in life. The reason is that my tastes change regularly and what was really cool 5-10 years ago is no irrelevant. But that's just me. I think of the pain and cost to remove them, which I understand is much greater than getting them in the first place.

This post was edited

Only you can answer that question. Are you willing to part with the time and money necessary for the artwork? Is your reason for getting one just to be part of the crowd? Have you thought of what it will look like in a couple of decades? Is it really worth the pain? Don't get one because somebody else says yes, and don't go without because somebody else says no.

This post was edited

I have noticed that a few women I have been with who had tats, their skin wasn't soft and smooth in those areas.
It felt more like leather. I know one lady who had a flower above her breast, well........it's starting to wilt. Not very pretty anymore.

This post was edited

I can only tell the original poster...NO don't get one. They're (in my opinion) useless and a waste of money and time. As a nudist, I believe we should stay in pure form with our bodies. No tattoos, no piercings and my own natural hair. No 'looks enhancing' plastic surgery either. Enjoy your body as is...you'll be a lot happier.

This post was edited

I got a tat of my wife thats over my heart. It had degraded and faded. A cover up tat would make it to large and obtrusive in my opinion.
So this brain child thought I'd have it removed. You think there is some pain getting one? Oh mother of gawd that's pain to new heights !!!!
I couldn't take it. Year later I tried again and yup I wussed out again after a bit.

This post was edited

I got a tat of my wife thats over my heart. It had degraded and faded. A cover up tat would make it to large and obtrusive in my opinion.
So this brain child thought I'd have it removed. You think there is some pain getting one? Oh mother of gawd that's pain to new heights !!!!
I couldn't take it. Year later I tried again and yup I wussed out again after a bit.

This post was edited

I have 5 tattoos and want more. I love mine and have never had any regrets. If you are sure you want one then go for it. chances are you wont stop at one. My advice is to research the artists and get the best you can afford that does the type of work you are after.

This post was edited

I have 2 tattoos done by the same artist. I'm in the process of designing my 3rd and will have to travel back to Atlanta to have it done since I trust my tattoo artist up there.

As for pain; I'll mirror what others have said that it depends on you. Personally I have a high threshold for pain so I barely felt both of mine. In generalities though, sensitive areas and close to the bone will cause the most discomfort during the process. Another thing to consider is how many times the artist is going over the same area. Shading tattoos can cause discomfort because the artist is going over the same area time and time to get the shading right.

If you want a bright colorful tattoo; be careful with those as they fade in the sun. I've had the one on my back recolored because of too much sun exposure faded it too much.

This post was edited

If you one, make sure it is somewhere you can easily cover up for work, like on the shoulder. I have nine, and all can easily be covered. As for hurting, the one on my lower leg was the only one that was painful to get.

This post was edited

Unlike my boys who went and started getting tattooed as soon as they could, 18 legal age in WA. it's not legal for those under the age of 18 there. I didn't get my first tat until I was about 50. Being one that is terrified of needles it was an exercise in strength. My first was a small commitment tat on my chest expressing my devotion to my wife and she got one also. Initially it felt like a thousand bees stinging me as I didn't have much fat where it was put. It took only half an hour to get the tat and afterwards I thought the pain was very tolerable. Since then I have gotten three more and am working on a full sleeve on my right leg, it's about one quarter done and so all the ink is on the upper thigh. Been told as we move down getting the shin inked is going to be the worst. But I thought many years what kind of art on wanted on my skin that I am committed to the completion damn the uncomfortableness of it. I love my ink, was very sure about what I wanted and didn't rush into ink for ink's sake.

This post was edited