Minimal Swimsuits

Not quite nude but very close.
There seem to be a lot of briefer than speedo swimsuits (string side and/or partial or no back covering) for sale on line, but I almost never see a man wearing one in a public setting.
Has anyone else noticed this and wonder who is buying them and what they do with them after they buy them?

This topic was edited
RE:Minimal Swimsuits

Not quite nude but very close.There seem to be a lot of briefer than speedo swimsuits (string side and/or partial or no back covering) for sale on line, but I almost never see a man wearing one in a public setting.Has anyone else noticed this and wonder who is buying them and what they do with them after they buy them?

They are primarily marketed to the gay crowd, and therefore are a (perhaps unintentional) sign that says "I'm gay".

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I am a confident guy but, there is no way I would wear anything like that in public. If I can wear something that small I can probably go nude anyway.

This post was edited

Being overweight a bit, a speedo or 'minimal' suit would not be for me. A traditional pair of short in an everyday pool (non nude) , yes.

Otherwise, I have long since abandoned swimming in shorts (and sometimes a t shirt with it.

(Stupid society prudes!)

T

This post was edited

Speedos are quite enough for me in public. A string or thong would be a great thing at a clothing optional beach.

This post was edited

We were on Las Vegas Fremont Street yesterday and saw a few guys wearing minimal swimwear, one a string bikini and the other a string monokini.

This post was edited

I'm one of those gays that wears tacky assless undies or swimsuits. It's kind of my style. Tacky. I'm very conservative in dress, otherwise (in public) but if someone gets to see me in underwear or swimsuit then I look like a stripper.

This post was edited

I wear a tanga or a g-string, depending on my assessment of the beach.
See these two videos: https://vimeo.com/391442674 and https://vimeo.com/363375784

This post was edited

I dress one of two ways on a beach: board shorts that go down to my knees, or fully nude. This last week I wore my board shorts off our cruise ship and walked over to the beach at Mahogany Bay (Roatan Island in Honduras) where I spent the day completely nude. Wore the same getting off the ship and on the van ride over to Islands Beach Club in Cozumel where I spent the day completely nude drinking the endless Margaritas our waiter Erik kept bringing whenever my cup looked empty. I would be too self-conscious in a thong, but feel perfectly fine nude.

This post was edited

I would be too self-conscious in a thong, but feel perfectly fine nude.The key thing is that everybody should be self-conscious about what to wear, where and when to wear it. Also to wear things appropiate to age, body and the moment.

Agree with where and when, but being over 60 and on the heavy side, I don't think it is necessary to consider age and body type.

This post was edited

If I have to wear something, then I wear a thong. If thongs are not permitted, then I wear a minimal Speedo.

This post was edited