Rangers enforcing "county" law?

I went to Apollo beach today, 1/31/ 18 and noticed several new signs indicating that "park rangers will enforce ALL applicable county laws" or "ordinances" . Obviously, this is aimed at nudists...in fact the signs only start after lot #4...so I'm wondering if this means no more nude beach at Apollo? Anyone have recent news/info?

This topic was edited
RE:Rangers enforcing "county" law?

I usually can only get out there on weekends. Would be nice knowing if its going to be a wasted trip.

This post was edited

I dont want anyone to get in trouble relying on this, but Volusia County doesnt appear to have a simple nudity ban like Brevard (Playalinda) does. Could those be Park-wide signs aimed at Playalinda?

This post was edited

So is it aimed at shutting down Playalinda? If so the park will lose a lot of money from locals and especially tourists.

This post was edited

Or it could be aimed at making Brevard happy. Or keeping the crowds down? All just guesses

This post was edited

Truth is nudity is not prohibited in any national park. Both Apollo and Playalinda are in the same national park. So does the federal law (or lack of one) "trump" local ordnances? It seems to me local jurisdictions do not extend to the federal facility. At least, that's what I am going to tell the judge. Naked hugs!

This post was edited

Truth is nudity is not prohibited in any national park. Both Apollo and Playalinda are in the same national park. So does the federal law (or lack of one) "trump" local ordnances? It seems to me local jurisdictions do not extend to the federal facility. At least, that's what I am going to tell the judge. Naked hugs!

This post was edited

National Parks will adhere to local laws. You are correct that there is no national law about nudity but there is a law against creating a disturbance. That is what is used at national parks that choose to conform to local nudity laws.

This post was edited

Same question came up in the "Apollo Group" and one of the regulars there posted that a Ranger he talked to said it wasn't about nudists. It's about problems they've had with people parking where they're not supposed to park. So just be sure you park in a designated space and not on the side of the road etc. Otherwise you might be ticketed for illegal parking. Not for nudity on the beach.

This post was edited
RE:Ranger enforce Proper Parking Nude is not an issue

There is no problem with being naked around parking lot 5. The issue is the are is so popular people jam the road waiting for a parking space. The rangers enforce a no standing or parking except in designated zone. Feel free to be naked just do not wait for parking. Place has become super popular. Most regulars park in four and ride a bike then strip at five.

This post was edited
RE:Ranger enforce Proper Parking Nude is not an issue

I've also heard that some people are going to lot 4 and walking south a ways and stripping down there.

This post was edited