The New Jeep Pick Up 2019

Jeep finally came clean and stated that all the rumors were true and that they will introduce a Jeep Pick Up for 2019. I'm not sure which one I'll look into getting. I posted two pics in the gallery ... a two door and a four door. I'm leaning toward the 4 door but ... will wait and see what they both look like before pulling the trigger on either of them!

;-)

This topic was edited
RE:The New Jeep Pick Up 2019

The 4 door looks awesome. That would be my pick. Can't wait to see it on the lot.

This post was edited

Can't wait to see it on the lot and drive it, too!

I love my little '01 Cherokee Sport but I'm ready for something new and a bit more comfy. I know our oldest grandson is chomping at the bit to get his hands on my Sport but he'll have to wait until I decide on this vehicle when it finally hits the lot. I suspect that it will be in such high demand that it'll be hard to find one to sit in and test drive! ;-)

This post was edited

I was thinking about getting a Jeep. But then, I heard that Ford was going to be releasing the Bronco again in 2020, and the concept photos so far have me salivating!

Don

This post was edited

Have to admit, even though I'm not a Ford guy, the Bronco coming back has me seriously wondering! ;-) Just uploaded a pic of the Bronco!

This post was edited

Saw some recent photo's of the new ones over here too, they do look good. However Jeeps over here while have a good reputation of going almost anywhere off road they also have a reputation that things go wrong, electric parts fail, bits fall off etc. in a short period of time. They don't seem as robust as they need to be. Is that being fixed?

Are they made solely in the US or are they out-sourced and made / assembled elsewhere?

This post was edited

Can't believe I'm chopping at the bit to buy/lease a new vehicle. I love, love, love my little '01 XJ but she's killing me in repairs. I continue to fix her and will have damn near rebuilt her for that time when our eldest grandson takes her over. She'll go another 200,000 miles for him easily!

Next on the list is new leaf springs (ordered), fuel tank filler hose, vent hose and filler neck replacement (if I can find those parts), transfer case rebuild, front and rear differential service, Power steering box replacement and service and a new battery! About another $2000 for all that stuff but it'll be worth it so he has a good, reliable car for HS.

Still not sure what to get for myself. Hoping the truck comes out so I can at least test drive it or at least look at it, sit in it and get a feel for it. I remember when the new Honda Accord came out and the body style changed. We bought one right away. There weren't many out there and we were taking it in for the dealer to do a few more things to it and each time we did, a salesman would ask if he could take a perspective buyer for a test drive. They were willing to give us various accessories for our trouble but after the 3rd time, we said, "no." I think that will be the deal with these new Jeep trucks when they come out. A dealership may get one and I think they'll be pretty stingy with allowing it off the lot too many times.

This post was edited

I happen to sell Jeep (as well as Chrysler, Dodge, RAM and Volkswagen). Unfortunately, the latest news shared with us about the Jeep Pick up is that it may be delayed as late as 2020 now. Highly unfortunate seeing how we get calls about them all of the time.

This post was edited

Well ... my intent was to buy/lease one after test driving one and after selling my '01 XJ to our eldest grandson but those plans have been delayed. So ... a delay in the Jeep Truck coming out seems to work okay for me at the moment. At any rate, when I do sell my XJ to the grandson, if there's substantial delay still, I'll lease a Rubicon for a few years.

This post was edited

Guess I'll hang on to my '83 CJ7 for a few more years.

This post was edited

The Jeeps owned by some here, are they the Wrangler Rubicon model? If so how are they with serious off-road terrain and also how are they as a daily drive on the road? Are they all petrol engines in the US or are some diesel? Comparisons / comments?

I'm looking for the future and both engine types are available here, think the petrol is a V6 3.6 litre capacity, not sure about the diesel size. Diesel is common here in Oz but they are expensive to service so I'm not sure about them but use less fuel so cheaper to run in that sense.

Any comments?

Cheers, SBN.

This post was edited