Unfair Southern Bias

I've just looked at the group photo, and as someone from Yorkshire I'm not happy about the southern bias when it comes C/O beaches.

Just cos it's always cold enough to freeze your nuts off, doesn't mean we don't want beaches up 't north

This topic was edited
RE:Unfair Southern Bias

As a southerner, I agree it's unfair but it seems to be a geographical fact.
However I suspect that there are more little-used beaches in the North which can be used unofficially without problems but obviously I can't tell you where they are because I don't know the area.

This post was edited

I don't know the north of the UK as well as the south either, but The UK nudist beaches map used as the group photo and shared in the group photos here is not the definitive list of UK nude beaches, its a helpful guide though. There are some well-know, unofficial but long-used, C/O beaches in the south that we use that are not included. So, I think what John said makes sense, there more than likely will be little-used or harder to get to beaches where you can be naked without too many problems. Sometimes we've been looking for a beach to be nude at in an area we didn't know well or had not heard of suitable locations, we've wandered away from the crowds and noticed like-minded people enjoying the beach naturally naked.

This post was edited

The only beach I've been to so far was NorthCote beach in Lincolnshire.

A huge beach and the tide goes out a very long way. Not sure how much it is used. When we went there was only one couple in the grass being shy and a ma on his own.

Would be nice if there were more beaches, closer to us, an with friendly people there

This post was edited

Never mind the Southern bias... At least your region is shown on the map at the top. My region has been completely DELETED!! So much for political correctness when not all UK regions are included! Are members of this group only permitted from SOME regions of the UK?!

This post was edited

Never mind the Southern bias... At least your region is shown on the map at the top. My region has been completely DELETED!! So much for political correctness when not all UK regions are included! Are members of this group only permitted from SOME regions of the UK?!

Yeah, good point. Looking at the piccie, my northern excursions would only just stay on the map

This post was edited

Never mind the Southern bias... At least your region is shown on the map at the top. My region has been completely DELETED!! So much for political correctness when not all UK regions are included! Are members of this group only permitted from SOME regions of the UK?!Yeah, good point. Looking at the piccie, my northern excursions would only just stay on the map

That is the problem when the map is in portrait and the site cuts it off to make it square so the top is missing.

This post was edited

There are two points which add to the southern bias. (1) the population is denser in the south - more nudists trying to find places to get naked. (2) It's warmer.

Living in Yorkshire I appreciate the call about bias but I'm not sure I want to expose myself on the (often chilly) north east coast. And for those off the map, in Scotland - I saw a report that the Chief Constable of Police Scotland said there is no need for nude beaches as naturists can be naked anywhere (in public).

This post was edited

And for those off the map, in Scotland - I saw a report that the Chief Constable of Police Scotland said there is no need for nude beaches as naturists can be naked anywhere (in public).

Although I've not seen it first hand, I have heard others discussing this statement. What an amazing U-turn by the Scottish police. Let's hope it gets all the way down to the bobby on the beat, not that we have bobbies on beats any more.

All we need to do now is get rid of the horse flies and midges

This post was edited

Hi everyone been told this morning that between the sand dunes at st Anne's Blackpool you can get naked. In march there a nudist day on the beach there 11am till 5pm.

This post was edited

Hi everyone been told this morning that between the sand dunes at st Anne's Blackpool you can get naked. In march there a nudist day on the beach there 11am till 5pm.

What date is that? I'll be there with a lot of other BN nudists from 1 to 4 March. And there will be an attempt to break the world record for the number of nudes on a fairground ride during that week end.

This post was edited