RE: Travel Trailers

I went to a resort last year and I camped, I used a tent cot that had a bar up the center not a big issue, not overly comfy tho. Then there was the roommates that I had....thousands ok perhaps not thousands but a lot just the same of ants. inside, outside everywhere I would wake up in the middle of the night with them crawling on me. Its like it was straight out of "Naked and Afraid" LOL. Getting in and out of that thing was about as fun as climbing in and out of a rabbit hole. So I decided things were changing. I was able to purchase a 5x8 walk on trailer and I began different versions of a camper. Sure I could have picked up a tent trailer for what I have into this contraption but I live in California and for what I wanted to pay they are beaters where as in other states I would spend the amount and get camp ready. So I have played with different plans and this is what I have. I have a 5x8 walk on trailer. Then I purchased pvc parts and found plans for a paint booth. I made some modifications, and this weekend I put most of the skins on (skin in this project equals Tarps LOL). I still have to do the door and front side but its just about done. This has been a true venture, it had to be light as I will tow it with my 2017 ford escape...it can tow 3500 I wanted to keep it close to 1000 tho....I did. I want to walk around in it.....I can. I wanted to have a trailer I could use for other things as needed...I have it. It has to fit in my garage....it does. I am already looking at changes for next season, one of two things is going to happen...one, I will build a box around the perimeter probably come up four feet, and then make tarp tent with hinges kinda like a tent trailer. OR I have found a trailer that folds out kinda like a tent trailer but better and still fits all my needs. All likelihood that's what I will do lol. Ok, enough of my rambling lol. Happy Camping

This post was edited

my first camper stepping up from a tent was a popup it was pretty basic bought it new bed on each end and just cabinets i added a stove and a toaster oven and a fan , best thing about a popup is you can open all the canvas and that breeze especially at night is awesome in summer, camping at a nudist camp is plus because you can sleep nude and if someone walks by and see you they don't freak out and head for the office screaming that they saw a naked person.

This post was edited

camping at a nudist camp is plus because you can sleep nude and if someone walks by and see you they don't freak out best line ever lol.

This post was edited
RE:Travel Trailers

I have had all types of RVs. First was a 24 ft travel trailer - was great but pulled it with a V8 Ford Explorer with trailering pkg which had a lot of difficulty traveling at highway speeds and hills were a nightmare. Next was a pickup truck slide in- was great, enough space but no bathroom or generator besides sometimes when traveling it would buck (should have kept it) but was at an RV show and saw a 24 ft motorhome I just loved. Week or so later went to a local dealer and bought one. I absolutely love this motorhome- have taken it everywhere. Downside is it is way under powered but does get relatively good mileage. After two years of ownership I realized I have way way too much $ invested in something I use probably 45 days a year. Currently, I have it for sale and if it sells have my eye on a 20 ft narrow body trailer (narrow bodies are easier to tow) with a comfy couch. I have looked at teardrops but ruled them out mainly because the kitchen area is off the back and outside, also no bathroom- thought of cooking outside when the weather is bad or even raining would be a issue.
My suggestion - if you plan on towing anything make sure the tow vehicle has an excess of power and the rear end is geared to tow, also make sure the tow vehicle has a transmission cooler.
All things considered whatever RV you choose camping in the wilderness, camp sites and nudist resorts are the best experiences. So, whatever type of RV you choose you will love using it.

This post was edited

We have a 2002 Coleman Santa Fe Pop-up that we are selling. We are looking at a small travel trailer not over 5500 lbs, Been looking at the R-pod and Colt to name a few. Now that I'm retired we want to do more traveling and see lots more places and if we can find one that is a nudist resort that is even better.

This post was edited

I recently purchased a new Jayco Hummingbird 16MRB with a murphy bed - folds up during the day to give you more space and a comfy couch - when ready to sleep bed folds down over the couch. I looked at nearly every small trailer made - this one seemed to have the best floor plan for me. Besides it is a narrow body which makes towing SO much easier.

This post was edited