clothing optional vs nude

I'm especially frustrated with the fact that many people in a CO environment do just that. In your opinion what percentage of nude venues do you see that are CO vs NUDE. And for the CO venues, do the rest of you not get a bit aggravated that many take off one or two things instead of everything. My most recent experience- I recently went to Key West and was excited to go check out the "Garden of Eden" bar. Much to my disappointment there were about 10 naked folks there and about 60 dressed - laughing and giggling. Now besides the obvious - "hey you enjoy nudity so why does that bother you" , do the rest of you not get a little put out when more people are clothed than nude in a CO environment?

This topic was edited
RE:clothing optional vs nude

Oh - and if this has already been discussed 1,000 times,my apologies. I have not read through all the posts here plus I'm pretty new to this site (not to going nude, just to the site) .

This post was edited

Doesn't bother me if I know it's clothing optional. That's exactly what that means.....
If many are clothed at a nudist only event then, they should not be attending

This post was edited

Doesn't bother me, but it does Surprise me that even a few people will go to a relatively remote clothing optional beach and stay clothed. If it is a topless female or anyone in a g string I understand because they can't do that elsewhere. Also if it is a one nude one clothed couple. I am referring to a lone person or all clothed group that seems strange.

This post was edited

What's the problem? Is there anywhere that is 100% nude? CO offers flexibility. It also allows potential nudists to put a toe in the water before diving in.

I'm happy as long as I'm somewhere that I can get naked. I'm often the only nude on a CO beach, or at least the first. I don't care who's looking as long (as they are not offended). Sometimes others follow my example, stripping off themselves. And someone in swimwear could well be a nudist or potential nudist. How many times does someone get dressed to leave the beach or in the evenings.

This post was edited

CO environments are usually designated as such and as long as I can assert my preference to be nude I am content. I have been on beaches where 80% are nude and that is great. I have been to beaches where locals think it is too cold and they are all bundled up but I am strolling nude (because I am a sturdy soul) and that is great too.

I have some friends who give nude parties and nude is required. It is because they find that if one person stays clothed, then others start to get self conscious and put clothes on too. Which is sort of dumb, but typical. They have clothed parties too, it's not that they don't value their non-nudist friends.

This post was edited

I'm especially frustrated with the fact that many people in a CO environment do just that. In your opinion what percentage of nude venues do you see that are CO vs NUDE. And for the CO venues, do the rest of you not get a bit aggravated that many take off one or two things instead of everything. My most recent experience- I recently went to Key West and was excited to go check out the "Garden of Eden" bar. Much to my disappointment there were about 10 naked folks there and about 60 dressed - laughing and giggling. Now besides the obvious - "hey you enjoy nudity so why does that bother you" , do the rest of you not get a little put out when more people are clothed than nude in a CO environment?

Weve only been to the Garden of Eden bar once, and it was packed and just about everyone was nude. It was the day last years Bare Necessities nude cruise stopped in Key West, so everyone there was really a nudist and there wasnt enough room for any lookie lou's to wander up from the downstairs bars. There was a line waiting to get up to the roof and the second floor bar was mostly empty. But speaking of BN cruises, there are plenty that go around on the ship clothed, even a few up by the pool during sea days. Doesnt stop me from spending as much time as possible nude. On this months cruise we even minimized the times we went to the main dining room so we wouldnt have to get dressed to eat. If we were already dressed while in port we went to the MDR, otherwise we used the lido deck buffet and stayed nude (well, me nude and the Mrs. in a see-through pareo). On our first nude cruise in 2013, I spent less time nude when others were clothed, but not any more. I take full advantage of the C/O opportunity and dont care if Im the only one nude in whatever venue (it never gets that bad, but sometimes nude is the minority like in the ship's main theater or early in the evening in the dance club, before everyone starts getting undressed). It is more fun when everyone is nude, though.

This post was edited

A lot of times it's just too cold to get nude. Wife (notice the green haired lady?) and I were on the 2018 Big Boat and enjoyed as much naked time as possible but, inside the ship, temps were in the lower 70s, too cold for us with thinned Florida blood.

This post was edited

A lot of times it's just too cold to get nude. Wife (notice the green haired lady?) and I were on the 2018 Big Boat and enjoyed as much naked time as possible but, inside the ship, temps were in the lower 70s, too cold for us with thinned Florida blood.

I do remember seeing your wife! One good thing about spending the winter in New England... the ship was still warmer than back home, so no need to get dressed even when we moved inside the ship for the evening. We did turn the heat up in our cabin, though.

This post was edited

Guys - thanks for all the responses. So pretty much all of you are cool with Clothing Optional. I am too IF it seems to be equal or so clothed vs unclothed. It just seems to me aggravating when clothed people are there just to smile and giggle and gawk at everyone. Guess I'm just kinda sensitive and don't like being giggled at when the majority are clothed. Like at Garden of Eden . Its such a touristy place and I know these couples are all standing around laughing and can't wait to tell their friends when they get back home. Should that bother me? No I suppose it shouldn't but.. it is what it is - so it does bother me a little.
I just wish there were more areas where it's nudity only not for nosey gawkers. And yes of course I understand there are certain situations that would outrule that - like Suffolk61 who said his girlfriend didn't go nude during her period. Well dang I would hope she wouldn't strip down all the way during her monthly cycle as most of us don't care to see blood trickling down her legs. LOL. You guys were bringing up exceptions .. what if it's too cold , or what if my GF is on her period, or when I go its 80% nude. So yeah there are circumstances where 100% nude is not going to be realistic. I'n referring to a normal warm typical nude kinda day and the majority are clothed . But yes Oilygrumps I concur that that would be a good time for the nervous types to assess the situation before stripping down - so yeah ...I get everything you folks said. I'm just referring to what seems to me most of the time rather than times that are the exception. Thank you for all your responses! Naked hugs!

This post was edited

A separate area should be designated for those who do not disrobe as this makes some who do feel uncomfortable and would encourage others to join in the freedoms of nudity.

This post was edited