Love Youself First

Galatians 5:14 New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
14 The whole law is fulfilled by obeying this one command. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. (Leviticus 19:18)
I AM ME
I LOVE MYSELF
I love my toes, allowing me to squiggle in the sand.
I love my feet, allowing me to walk in the grass.
I love my legs, allowing me to run along the beach.
I love my knees, allowing me to bend to the earth.
I love my hips, allowing me to sway with the waves.
I love my arms, allowing me to carry the load.
I love my hands, allowing me to pick the flowers.
I love my hair, allowing me to feel the wind.
I love my neck, allowing me to follow the bird.
I love my mouth, allowing me to taste the sweetnest.
I love my ears, allowing me to hear the melody.
I love my cheeks, allowing me to receive the kiss.
I love my eyes, allowing me to see the love in you.
I love my voice , allowing me to present myself.
I love my thoughts, allowing me to share with you.
I love myself, allowing me to love you.

This topic was edited
RE:Love Youself First

Yes, a lot of people want to close their ears to the strait truth. Sometimes my comments get condemned or deleted by professed christians just because i state the truth, as gently as possible. Just mentioning the bible verse on it is too much for them. True love runs to the rescue when someone is blindly heading for a precipice. But so often they refuse to listen and keep right on marching off the moral cliff. Jesus met with similar problems and it broke his heart. Thats why he cried over Jerusalem.

I believe what you explained so completely and have studied it deeply, that i have come to realize that it also applies to the 4th commandment. No command from God or a legitimate prophet has ever changed the day of worship, it was an introduction from paganism that created the switch of days between about 300-500 AD. So i choose to observe the Sabbath of creation. And when possible its nice to do so in the same manner of garb Adam and Eve did. Even though most professed christians would be horrified and think it sacreligious. My thinking on that got totally switched around a few years ago. Common sense and biblical reason finally prevailed.

This post was edited
RE:Love Youself First

Pearl, I applaud your courage to speak up so clearly. In other areas of life, i.e. secular, a person is applauded if they warn someone of an imminent danger - someone is about to kill them, for instance, or they are hiking on a path with a grizzly bear just around the corner that they can't see.

To continue the analogy, it's irrational for the person being warned to begin to curse, vilify, threaten with death, the person who is warning them of a grizzly bear they can't yet see... yet this happens if someone warns a person into LGBTQIA... that they're on a path that isn't safe. Of COURSE such warning should be in love - but love speaks up, love befriends, love is patient and kind. And, love speaks up when the time is appropriate - not blasting someone with the opposing view.

This post was edited