Best shorts to wear when needed

Anyone have a suggestion for a pair of shorts to buy when I have to cover up. Looking for something to feel free but nothing that looks like I am trying to be an underwear model. Just something really thin and baggy.

This topic was edited
RE:Best shorts to wear when needed

I have a pair of gym shorts but was looking for something thinner and not as long. Was looking a running shorts but all the shorter seem to short.

This post was edited

Make your own. I have several pair made of a hybrid fabric which is very light and with good air flow. If what you find in the store is a bit long, shorten them. I like mine better than gym shorts because they have pockets.

This post was edited

Have you tried https://www.kiniki.com/collections/mens-swim-hipsters-shorts

This post was edited

I am fine with cotton gym shorts with pockets.

This post was edited

Amazon has some sheer nylon running shorts. Search for:

TR-623 Men's 2.5" Performance Track Short with Split Leg Sides and Inner Brief
TR-60 Men's 2.5" Athletic Lightweight Sheer Fabric Running Short with Waistband and Side Vent

From the seller: "Our TR60 and TR623 have the same inseam length of 2.5". The TR623 has a slit on each side of the short that goes up almost to the waistband, this is called a "New Zealand" cut. The TR60 does not have a slit and only has a side vent at the bottom of each side."

Both have an inner lining, but that can be cut out if you want to freeball. The 623 is especially nice for that and gives you great freedom of movement. Without the liner the lighter colors see through when wet, and even the darker color "print" your stuff, especially if you are cut. Walking with liner-less 623s is very free.

This post was edited

Amazon has some sheer nylon running shorts. Search for:TR-623 Men's 2.5" Performance Track Short with Split Leg Sides and Inner BriefTR-60 Men's 2.5" Athletic Lightweight Sheer Fabric Running Short with Waistband and Side VentFrom the seller: "Our TR60 and TR623 have the same inseam length of 2.5". The TR623 has a slit on each side of the short that goes up almost to the waistband, this is called a "New Zealand" cut. The TR60 does not have a slit and only has a side vent at the bottom of each side."Both have an inner lining, but that can be cut out if you want to freeball. The 623 is especially nice for that and gives you great freedom of movement. Without the liner the lighter colors see through when wet, and even the darker color "print" your stuff, especially if you are cut. Walking with liner-less 623s is very free.
Doesn't a 2.5 inch inseam and no liner present a risk of accidental exposures, especially when sitting?

This post was edited

At my age my hairy balls hang lower than that.

This post was edited

It depends. If that is the concern, leave the liner in.

Alternately, consider rugby shorts. The are typically rugged while allowing activities-- some have reinforced seams. The "Gilbert Kiwi Pro Rugby Short" has two reinforced side pockets which can be handy for keys and ID. While a little bulkier than nylon shorts, the heavier fabric allows easier on and off (which can take a little longer with sheer shorts that have an inner liner).

This post was edited

I like the tan- through swim shorts from Cool-Tan. Cool, comfortable, and almost like wearing nothing at all. I can wear them outside in my yard to do yard work, etc without offending non- nudists.

This post was edited

I buy the Gravel Gear from Northern Tool for around the yard in the summer. They are a really nice lightweight nylon for keeping cool and dry really quick and the price is right.
They are extremely comfortable and easy to slip on and off!
Gravel Gear Nylon Ripstop Shorts
Lee

This post was edited