Lost shorts?

Went for a walk today. Sunny and 62 f. Like most areas I go through textile zones first. Dropped when clear having a good walk and geocaching. (Found 2) Draped the shorts over the packstrap in case there were visitors coming close, though none so close that I needed to cover. On my way back I found some shorts just like mine. MINE. They had fallen off and I did not notice. That could have been bad as I had no other cover.. Plus the wife is not nude friendly outside my house.. I would have to get by a lot of textiles to get home. Glad I found them. Guess I will put them in the pack from now on. I have never really needed them anyway on the trails.

This topic was edited
RE:Lost shorts?

I can imagine the state of panic that might have hit you if you'd seen textiles heading your way and you'd realised the shorts had gone AWOL! There are a few local hikes that we use nude because we realised that very few others walk them and therefore our nudity was less likely to be an issue. Usually we hike them with another couple, sometimes with others too. We find that our hearing and general awareness is heightened if we're hiking nude, an increased awareness of the possibility of meeting others, plus noticing more wildlife. A few times we've hidden our clothing because we wanted to be completely free, carrying nothing and enjoying nature naturally naked. We've not met anyone when we've been nude like that, but one time we mistook the hollow tree that we'd left our clothes inside, there were a couple of others that looked similar, our clothes were in one of those. The thought of having to walk back to the car, the parking spot generally has other cars there, and drive home nude had certainly crossed our minds!

This post was edited

Wow, Rudy, that is a cool story with a happy ending! Advantage of an out and back versus a loop trail in this case.

I am pretty cautious when free-hiking too. I usually hike with a day pack that has a little net slot for water and I stuff my shorts in there. I have this idea that I can quickly retrieve them but in fact there would be a lot of fumbling. So if I encountered someone the most likely scenario would be to slip the backpack off and hold it in front of me. Occasionally I wear brief nylon shorts that bunch up nicely under my hat.

This post was edited

Great story Rudy, was once free hiking an old jeep trail in Utah just knowing I'd hear any 4x4s coming my way. Rounded a blind curve and guess what? An open top jeep and 4 female riders headed my way. With no time to fumble with my shorts I just ducked behind a large rock till they passed. I guess at least one of them saw me as there was a whistle as they drove by the other side of the rock. Some times no matter how prepared you are things happen so fast as to be beyond you ability to control the situation.

This post was edited

I guess it'd be worse if your wallet and lets were in the lost shorts/clothes.

This post was edited

Someone ought to invent reverse stripper shorts which attach in the front only with velcro tabs like an apron. They have a captive audience right here!

This post was edited

I've had pretty much the exact same thing happen to me while hiking as well, I guess you could categorize it as a #relatable nudist issue

This post was edited

I mostly done my hiking where chance of meeting anyone is really slim. And when i have to leave from a clothed area i roll up the shorts and shirt or whatever, tie the bundle with belt or shorts draw string. If i have stuff in a pocket i make sure thats well secured inside the roll. Then just carry it. Keeps it in my sight and conciousness so i dont loose anything.

I was attempting to make quick wrap shorts. But it didnt come out the best, too time consuming to match velcro strips or snaps to make the middle meet. The easiest one to make, and use, is the short kilt with velcro closure. Quick and easy to wrap. Or i can sit on it on the tractor seat. Ready to lay over and stick and look like shorts.

This post was edited