Why are you a nudist? What do you get out of this?

Because I am "introspective" by nature, I have been asking myself, what do I get out of being naked? Said in another way, What is the payback for being nude?

Seeking your top 3 reasons for being nude! Stated this way, there is ample latitude for input.

1. There is a certain freedom about being free from clothing. I enjoy that feeling.
2. I've found that being in a social setting, with nude others, enhances the enjoyment of the social setting.
3. I love the feeling of sun and warmth on my skin. The more exposed skin, more the enjoyment.

Please add your input and I'll moderate the discussion.
22tango2

After weeks of comments, I am going to add some more to my list of "Paybacks" for being a nudist:
4. The pleasure of having my wife join me in the naked life.
5. There is a sense of pleasure and self confirmation in breaking a societal taboo.
6. I enjoy seeing a naked woman's body, regardless of shape, etc, and applaud her sense of self confidence.
And, might as well put it in here, there's no thrill or payback for being seen. A 70 year old, average old guy is nothing to put on display,

thank you to all who have contributed to the discussion!

This topic was edited
RE:Why are you a nudist? What do you get out of this?

1. It physically feels good. A perpetual morning coffee in the sun.

2. It's mentally liberating. Initially it's so novel and mindblowing, I have feelings and visuals of my first time singed on my brain. Not having anxiety about nudity frees you up for greater things than anxiety about being nude, which is silly.

3. The social aspect is unique. Meeting other people you share this brilliant enlightenment with. Also, being vulnerable and extending a lot of trust to those around you in this unique situation, and them reciprocating, creates a pleasant non-sexual intimacy.

This post was edited

All of the above. When I get from work the clothes come off. actually it starts while I warm up the car walking into the house naked waving to my neighbors. Friend me on FB Gary Gibson Tacoma WA

This post was edited

Naturism/nudism means freedom

This post was edited

Hi DW,
I see your input about why you are a nudist - but when I looked at your blank profile and your only picture, one of your big toe - my 1st thought was, how can you claim to be a nudist

Perhaps I should go back to the premise and ask a different question, such as "How do you define your version of a Nudist".

This post was edited

DW - I really like your analogy of (1) a morning coffee in the sun. Thank you!

(2) yep, I think we all agree that there is a sense of liberation. at first, simply a "freedom from clothing itself", then comes a sense of freedom from "not being required to be dressed", that's one less rule in our life, and moments of anxiousness forgone for not having to conform to a societal norm (when in the appropriate location).

(3) That social setting - hey, we can be home hermit nudists and never encounter another person - but that is just not as satisfying as being able to be nude with other nude people. The nude group offers up something no other social group does.

I think we all see naturism as a certain state of enlightenment that we share with others of our persuasion. This social grouping is not
dependent upon the other commonalities found in race, socio-economic position, political, religious beliefs, or even gender or even those outward qualities of looks or skills. Nudity can strip all that away and bring forth a place of acceptance and trust.

========================
I say nudity CAN create a space for acceptance and trust. But obviously, it doesn't always, as evidenced by all of the blank data profiles, non-self revealing profile comments about the TN user and the stock photos of the fake nudists. All those indicate to me those who are here on TN for other reasons than mutual trust.
=========================

This post was edited

After a life time of learning to cover up and being worried that something may be showing. Secretly looking at women and wondering what they look like nude and seeing them cover themselves feeling my eyes. It was so freeing the first time I dropped my robe in public, all of the hang up I had about body image was gone, women not covering up, standing free and proud made me believe that this is how it is supposed to be.

This post was edited

hi widgeon,

you say, "1. Just feels good. 2. Feeling free.

Would you please expand on your feelings?
What feels good? What about being nude feels good? What about being nude feels free? (free from what?)

thx.

=================
while we are talking about being nude and feeling good on a social networking website, are you not willing to let the world see you as a nudist with a smiling face open to TN members and a completed profile for all to see?
==================

This post was edited

Hi RickyD,
thx for the post. :)

I sure agree with you that "Naturism/nudism means freedom".
Can you tell me more? How is it "freedom" for you?

This post was edited

what about the other side of that coin? do you/we/I find pleasuring is seeing others in nude? anyone want to take on that question?

I used to say that I was a "Closet Exhibitionist" in that I didn't care if other saw me nude. I did not "flash" people but if someone were to walk in on me in the restroom or while I was changing, I didn't care.

As to seeing others nude, Yes, I do find pleasure in seeing others who are comfortable enough to share their bodies with others. Since most of my social nudity experiences have been at hot springs, people are under water most of the time. I have found that most men walk around freely and most women stay covered until just before going into the water. This is different from the first hot springs where almost everyone walked around openly. It gave me a certain comfort in knowing that other feel like me and want to be nude around others without the fear of offending anyone and the worry about body image. I love seeing people of all ages, shapes and sizes being free and no one shaming us.

This post was edited

Since I was raised in clothing optional surroundings, when I am nude now, it reminds me of happy times as a child. I also feel free, etc. as others have mentioned. However, in my case, it is freedom because I have Asperger's Syndrome, and with that comes the hyper-sensitivity to stimuli (anything touching me). Clothing makes me feel imprisoned. I don't know how "normal" people do it.

Also, I feel innocent when nude. Like when I was a kid.

This post was edited