Guide: How to Identify a Fake Profile

(Copy the links in to your address bar at the top of your web browser in a separate tab to view images in this post)

1. Choose the profile in Question. Example: https://s17.postimg.org/hesi47yan/image.png
2. Get an image of the person
A. Press Print Screen while looking at a photo
B. Paste the screen in to paint and crop everything out except the image. This is an Example image I cut out from the profile: https://s17.postimg.org/4nebxywb3/image.png
C. Save the image on to your desktop for easy access/simplicity.
3. Go to google images in your web browser (images.google.com)
A. Drag the image you just saved from the desktop in to the google images empty slot.
4. You will then be linked to any similar images on the internet and links to where that said image has been posted on sites.
Examples: https://s17.postimg.org/sedpg9bzj/image.png

By doing about 1 minute of work through the steps above you can identify if a picture is likely stolen or not. In this case these pictures come from this young lady:
https://s17.postimg.org/63pufw1q7/image.png
If the said profile is in fact actually the person looking for privacy under an alias, you have my deepest apologies.

I hope this helps some of you. I realize this could be viewed as a taboo topic to post but I am saving a lot of peoples times by not messaging this likely fake profile and future fake profiles.

To the people making fake profiles, I hope this makes you feel stupid that it takes me 30 seconds to find your fake profile that probably took you 10 minutes to pick a picture then create it. You could have at least picked a less well known person instead of an instagram star. Also, don't be mad at me. I am ruining your fun, I know, but you will hopefully be encouraged to stop pretending to be a girl and maybe go lift weights or something and fix your real life instead of pretending to be another person.

This topic was edited
RE:Guide: How to Identify a Fake Profile

GREAT initiative. Enough of fake profiles and pics thieves. Full support.

This post was edited

I already don't accept picless profiles, and I thin it's very useful to know how to trach down those fakes.

This post was edited

You have just posted detailed instructions for stealing a picture.

This post was edited

You have just posted detailed instructions for stealing a picture.

It's actually not that difficult. Even media marked Friends Only can be snatched without being a friend. Up until recently, media marked Certified Only were available to everyone and all were visible in the feed. While these two issues have been fixed, overall security on the site is lacking. The site is poorly coded and there is absolutely no security on the media server at all. Type in a valid URL, no authentication required.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

This message is @ SteveinKona:
1. A stolen picture would be when someone saves a picture then posts it elsewhere claiming/implying it is them or belongs to them.
2. I did not post a guide on how to go about doing the above sentence in my writings so in this case I disagree with your post #4 in this thread.
3. My guide reads how to help to identify where a picture is from, not how to steal and pose as another person.

If i have misunderstood your message feel free to correct me. Also, your organic and nude lifestyle looks as awesome. Thank you for reading my reply. ^^;

This post was edited

The site is coded to frustrate the right-click "copy image" facility, to discourage the capture of profile photos. Of course, the method you give for working around that and saving a copy anyway is no deep dark secret, but has generally not been described on the site.

This post was edited

the method you give for working around that and saving a copy anyway is no deep dark secret, but has generally not been described on the site.
Print screen can be used to save pictures for stealing. I agree 100% agree.

Anyway, @ anybody, enjoy the tip to help you find if a profile is fake. Cheers.

This post was edited

There're is another, easier way.

I can guarantee there are no 18YO bisexual women in the chatroom.

This post was edited

I can guarantee there are no 18YO bisexual women in the chatroom.
How could you possibly prove such a statement?

This post was edited

TN fosters fake profiles by allowing blank and anonymous profiles.

This post was edited