Card carrying Nudist

At times I think we may be well off to have some national certification process that results in a card that can serve to show our mind set with Nudism, something along the lines of the NRA. I have four bars on my sharpshooter certification. [I just checked the NRAHQ.org site and most of the certifications can be self-administered, lots of room for lying. I received mine in a gun club with all the structure of a fully sanctioned Karate Dojo.]

The only issue I have is where would we carry it?

Bob

This topic was edited
RE: Card carrying Nudist

Bob, Folklover gave you most of the organizations. If you live in NJ, there are several clubs (landed & nonlanded including Friends of Gunnison Beach - Sandy Hook) through which you can obtain not only local membership but AANR and/or TNS.
When you join one of the national organization, you give the clubs support of our way of living. You can join directly with the nationals, but it's less expensive to join through a club. I've been a member of TNS (www.naturistsociety.com) and AANR (www.aanr.com) since 1987.

This post was edited

For nearly 10 years, our non-landed club, the Southern California Naturist Association,screens all prospective members thru the Megan's Law Sex Offender, andfelony offender,data bases. Over 5 years ago we suggested to both national organizations, AANR & TNS, that they should do the same. TNS immediately agreed, and screens all their members. To date AANR does not screen members on a national basis, prefering to leave it up to individual clubs. What this means is that any sex offender can send in his money to the national office and get an AANR membership that will help admit him into any club that does not screen. It's time that all nudists who care, contact their local AANR representative, and DEMAND that the national office start screening existing and prospective members.

This post was edited

For nearly 10 years, our non-landed club, the Southern California Naturist Association, screens all prospective members thru the Megan's Law Sex Offender, and felony offender, data bases. Over 5 years ago we suggested to both national organizations, AANR & TNS, that they should do the same. TNS immediately agreed, and screens all their members. To date AANR does not screen members on a national basis, prefering to leave it up to individual clubs. What this means is that any sex offender can send in his money to the national office and get an AANR membership that will help admit him into any club that does not screen. It's time that all nudists who care, contact their local AANR representative, and DEMAND that the national office start screening existing and prospective members.Travelites does that with anyone applying for membership. Each state has its own registry.

This post was edited

It looks like everyone is thinking the same way I was.
I will try to keep in mind the screening process when I get to talk to a club.
Thanks,
Bob

This post was edited
RE:Card carrying Nudist

Nice to meet another NRA member. As a nudist, never mind the card, I'm trying to figure out how to carry my pistol. LOL

This post was edited

Agreed. Nice to talk to fellow NRA members here.

The TNS and AANR membership cards could serve the purpose well. I used to keep my AANR card in my wallet, just in case. However, I stopped doing that for some reason. Maybe time to do that again.

This post was edited

The NRA advocates for the killing of innocent people. You should be ashamed. Nudists don't need to carry a card, what they're not wearing says it all.

This post was edited

I think youre confusing the NRA with Planned Parenthood. Thats what happens when you listen to the main stream news media.

This post was edited

I'm not a gun owner and never plan on owning one, but live in an area that is home to many hunters. We also have little need to defend ourselves, but I agree very much that it is not the gun that is the problem with the recent shootings. Guns have been much easier to obtain in the past, yet the frequency of shootings was considerably less. Passing restrictive gun laws has not prevented tragedy, and passing more likely will not prevent future deaths. For some reason we have a culture in the country that typically wants to treat symptoms rather than the disease. I'm not sure what the root cause of the violence is, but I really believe that we as a community must work to identify that cause and then enact means to eliminate it.

This post was edited

Regarding the school shootings, it seems to me that we need to figure out why people choose to do this and then remove the incentive, whatever it is, so it wont be so attractive to them. More gun laws obviously isnt the answer. Its already against the law to shoot people.

This post was edited