People thinking nudity = sex.

I am on a dating site for some fun realising that it will be a very low chance of finding someone on there, the photo rule is no nude photos so I have pushed the photos as far as I can with using cropped nude photos, with everything above my manhood on show so it is obvious that I am nude. One member came back that my good as nude photos mean that I am only interested in sex as I have no cloths on and I had to explain to her that nudity doesn't mean sex and with my photos all taken out doors to me it isn't the same as if these photos were taken in my bedroom while I was lying on my bed.

This topic was edited
RE:People thinking nudity = sex.

"I am on a dating site for some fun ..."

By "fun" you mean playing checkers, monopoly, rock-paper-scissors, x-box games ...

The rest of the world teaches nudity is sex and vice-versa thru movies, media, society in general.

You didn't educate her. You played into her perception. A perception that has been handed down and reinforced.

"...with my photos all taken out doors to me it isn't the same as if these photos were taken in my bedroom..."

Look, it's a dating website NOT A PSYCHIC website. Is she suppose to know what you're thinking when you posted those pictures?

If you have more dating profiles you'll be doing a lot of this...

"...and I had to explain to her that nudity doesn't mean sex "

This post was edited

To much of the world nudity does equal sex. Your photo is provocative and will likely encourage more of the same response. You can mention that you are a nudist in your profile, but your picture will likely draw more attention if you are smartly dressed.

This post was edited

It takes a process of education and mental programming adjustment to get away from the nude=sex mentality. It ain't gonna happen fast. And one mention to someone isn't going to do it. But it might plant the seed that nudity doesn't have to always be about sex. It's a really bad thing that has happened in our world, where our own bodies have been so sexualized, that's all anyone thinks of when seeing us without fabric hiding the natural covering.

This post was edited

Note that women are more likely than men to read what you write, and less likely to make judgements 100% on the photos, than men are. So rather than showing lots of skin, mention naturism (better word) in your profile if you want it to be part of any relationship you form.

If you do post a noticeably bare photo, choose one that shows you a social setting with other people.

This post was edited

Yeah, without making too many assumptions and generalizations, I bet most women on dating apps are already skeptical of any guy regardless of who the guy actually is (it's just how it is). So being in this sensitive situation people frequently jump to conclusions that confirm their worldview.

In other words, with limited time and effort whoever's looking at dating profiles isn't objectively weighing the evidence and doing research on who you might be and what your motives are. They just react and that reaction is probably based on previous bad experiences.

You'll have an easier time starting slow.

This post was edited
People thinking nudity = sex. MY VIEW

I used the term NATURIST on my regular paid dating site. I also included the fact I was looking for a lady who would try the lifestyle with me. I had a few responses from interested ladies and met a few in person for the normal face to face chats. Most either had experience of being nude but usually on holidays etc. I told them the two who did come to a club with me, that sex would be possible, but would have to be discussed after we knew each other better. All those women liked my honesty and enjoyed the nudist experiences with me. It obviously isn't what most men do and it's probably still rather novel, but it works for gaining company and does help deal with the nudist and body issues which are usually the greater concern for many women. The woman has to feel comfortable to be nude with anyone, and I make a point of having their company whether or not they want to take their clothes off. Some do, some don't- it's not important to me, their company is. Slight difference in style I suppose, but it's realistic and has produced some enjoyable dating encounters.

This post was edited

Don't most people also think that dating=sex?

This post was edited

Don't most people also think that dating=sex?

Amazing! haha

This post was edited

of course they will think nudity = sex as not many have actually experienced the difference themself. Us nudists only know the difference as we practice it. In a way I understand this reaction and I do try to give a different perspective by talking about it with textiles, whenever the situation I am in allows such a discussion.

This post was edited
RE:People thinking nudity = sex. MY VIEW

I agree with your view.
Nudity can encourage sexual relationships, or not. Though it's rarely my true motivation, I believe the option can be possible, but only through intelligent and honest dialogue. I'm always flattered when someone comments on my straightforwardness and how comfortable they are exchanging thoughts. What could be more ideal than this? Well, obviously sex [just kidding].
But to assume up front that a nudist is looking for sex is somewhat ignorant. I can deal appropriately deal with this type.

This post was edited