RE:Why are you a nudist? What do you get out of this?

Like most of you, agree with most of the reasons given by other posters as to why theyre a nudist. Nonetheless, here are my top three reasons in order of importance:

0. Privileged to have been born with the nudism gene, inherited from my dad. There are two kinds of nudists, born and made. A born nudist can repress their nudism, but cannot make it go away. May as well embrace it and enjoy all its benefits. (As a software developer I get to start lists with zero. A programmers inside joke.)

1. Better connected to my surroundings, which makes me feel more alive. When my entire body is experiencing the environment as a whole it feels different and better than when wearing clothing. (At some point in their lives, many people walk barefoot in the sand, skinny-dip, or sleep nude in order to experience this phenomenon. Yet, they dont take it to the next level and spend more time enjoying the sensual connections to their surroundings.)

2. Enhanced physical and psychological freedom, which makes me happier to be alive. Youth was following rules and not rocking the boat; go to school, wear the uniform of my peers, dont make mom mad. College was much of the same; go to class, wear the uniform of college students, work during summer and semester breaks. Career was restrictive in different ways; get and keep a good job, wear the uniform of white collar professionals, become a indebted homeowner. Being nude is my way to rebel against all the social expectations and constraints heaped upon us.

3. Greater enjoyment of work, tasks, and chores; which makes each more fun. Working from home has allowed me to work nude whenever the mood moves me, which is most of the time. It is far more comfortable and convenient. Tasks such as cooking or painting a room are more enjoyable when done nude. Chores like cleaning, doing laundry (it happens), and ironing arent such a chore when done nude.

This post was edited

Thank you!
i'm chuckling because I asked the outset for people to list the 3 things they get out of nudism.
and you did just that! I think your mind works a lot like mine :)

This post was edited

thank you for sharing your story!

This post was edited

Thank you!i'm chuckling because I asked the outset for people to list the 3 things they get out of nudism.and you did just that! I think your mid works a lot like mine :)
Sorry to disappoint you, but made a major edit to OP.

This post was edited

1. It makes me feel alive
2. Its a effective reason to accept myself.
3. Its funny

This post was edited

My wife and I often joke that many of our textile friends really need "nudism" in their lives. Unhappiness, grumpiness, dissatisfied with their current life situations. We truly think that if they'd adopt a nudist lifestyle, they'd think and worry less about things that really don't matter.

Case in point; When I drive clothed, I am more apt to be angry at stupid drivers. Let's face it, many people don't pay attention to driving anymore. When clothed, I get irritated quickly. I honk, throw my hands up in the air, pass them and give them evil looks. People just think they are the only ones on the road and have zero common sense and no consideration for anyone else on the road. But ... when I'm naked, my irritation goes way, way down. My acceptance for these people is tolerant and I take the "ya can't fix stupid" attitude and just kick back and enjoy my calm naked drive. It's almost as if I am like this to prolong the naked drive and keep from putting clothes back on.

Our close friend that is in dire need of nudism but will NEVER even think about it, is always angry about something and unhappy about something. Those somethings never change and continue to bother him and we joke about it but if he took up nudism, he'd find that there's a calming affect that keeps you grounded and helps you appreciate those things that are really important in life.

This post was edited

oops - a typo - missing letter. thx for noticing it in my reply :)

This post was edited

Our close friend that is in dire need of nudism but will NEVER even think about it, is always angry about something and unhappy about something. Those somethings never change and continue to bother him and we joke about it but if he took up nudism, he'd find that there's a calming affect that keeps you grounded and helps you appreciate those things that are really important in life.

True, true, true. Introduced a neighbor woman across the street to nudism after multiple coffee visits be her in the mornings. I always wore a robe and she would start asking questions about it. I told her of our lifestyle and how it makes us feel and works in our married life. She gradually started to try it. She also found that she was more relaxed and cool. Her husband loves it because he has a naked wife and that makes him also more relaxed. They were never mad or angry with life, but this has made them much happier. Plus, she confided with me that their sex life has gotten spicier as well.

This post was edited

hey, andy, you nude driver you. . . .
have you ever been stopped by the CHP/PD for a traffic violation - while nude?
that might make a good story.
dan

This post was edited

After weeks of comments, I am going to add some more to my list of "Paybacks" for being a nudist:

4. The pleasure of having my wife join me in the naked life.

5. There is a sense of pleasure and self confirmation in breaking a societal taboo.

6. I enjoy seeing a naked woman's body, regardless of shape, etc, and applaud her sense of self confidence.
And, might as well put it in here, there's no thrill or payback for being seen. A 70 year old, average old guy is nothing to put on display,

Thank you to all who have contributed to the discussion!

22tango2

This post was edited