World Naked Hiking Day is coming up...well, not exactly soon, but it's on the way (Summer Solstice). Any suggestions on the Front Range?

June 21st. Any good ideas for trails near the Front Range that would work for a nude hike?

This topic was edited
RE:World Naked Hiking Day is coming up...well, not exactly soon, but it's on the way (Summer Solstice). Any suggestions on the Front Range?

I know of a place to hike near Loveland, but not an easy trail to give directions to. Just hope the weather is warm enough then to hike it.

This post was edited
RE:World Naked Hiking Day is coming up...well, not exactly soon, but it's on the way (Summer Solstice). Any suggestions on the Front Range?

I'd love to hear about that trail, if you don't mind. If you have the name, that will help. I also use Google Maps for trailhead locations. I can find the trailhead and then right-click and choose "what's here". It provides the latitude and longitude. That's all you need to send to someone for them to find that same spot.

If you'd rather keep the location quiet, let me know through a private message if you don't mind, although I think members of this group would all like to know.

This post was edited

I'm going to have to start looking up some secluded places to go hike. It would be fantastic to be able to hike at least a few miles wearing nothing but my boots. I've heard in the past though that some counties or city's will send plain clothes officers on the popular tails on days like that in order to catch people who are hiking nude. So it's best to be careful.

Definitely agree about being careful and hiking a few miles. Minor disagreement on the "boots only" though. Gotta have my hat too. Hat and boots. That's enough for me. Let us know if you find a good spot.

If people start actually planning a hike for that day, let's share the plans through private message so those plain clothes officers don't get wind of it. We aren't interested in running into any plain clothes people, let alone officers.

This post was edited

If you find something interesting I'll see if I can make my way over to the Front Range. However, if nothing else, I'll probably get my wife out and do a hike in the Park Range. We have favorite spot in the Zirkel Wilderness with a little swimming hole.

This post was edited

If you find something interesting I'll see if I can make my way over to the Front Range. However, if nothing else, I'll probably get my wife out and do a hike in the Park Range. We have favorite spot in the Zirkle Wilderness with a little swimming hole.

I hope we find something interesting, but I think you have a better plan already.

This post was edited

Going with a group would be fun for a change, especially on World Naked Hiking Day.

This post was edited

That would be nice. The difficult part is finding a trail that will be unused/empty on the Front Range. Not an easy ask at all. So many people down here. Especially in the Boulder area, as it's packed with active people hikers/bikers that are in really good shape. Even really difficult trails will have people on them.

This post was edited

That would be nice. The difficult part is finding a trail that will be unused/empty on the Front Range. Not an easy ask at all. So many people down here. Especially in the Boulder area, as it's packed with active people hikers/bikers that are in really good shape. Even really difficult trails will have people on them.

This post was edited

You can access the USGS maps online and download them (PDF, TIFF, JPEG, KMZ) at: https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/viewer/

I just downloaded a 1904 Boulder quad map. Way cool.

This post was edited

One other thought. I too have thought about my impact hiking off-trail. I look at the track I leave hiking in Five-Finger shoes and you can hardly tell I have been there. It would take a really good tracker to follow my trail. In some areas it might make a difference, like some alpine tundra and desert soils, but for the most part one or two humans treading through a forest or meadow does may any significant impact. So long as everyone isn't doing it in a specific area like what was happening on 14'ers. Somehow being naked, part of nature, makes it seem even more appropriate.

This post was edited