RE:shoes or...

I go barefoot when I can, flip flops when I can't.

This post was edited

Haw - I just noticed that based on my number of forum post I am no longer "Barefoot". That was kind of ironic because as a naked hiker, about the only thing I have on are my shoes. Although, I wear the least amount of shoe I can comfortably hike in.

This post was edited

Bare feet is preferred on the beach. But I wear footwear hiking in the bush, it gives some protection from snakes.

Mate
I can comfortable go barefoot even when hiking nude.
Frankly I would not rely on footwear to be the protection.

Hope all going well with you mate.
Hope to catch up soon.

This post was edited

I tried going barefoot, but it was just too hazardous.. too many sharp sticks or pine needles underfoot. Then I tried sandals instead (trying to be as bare as possible) but they couldn't keep everything out, and actually made it worse sometimes. So I settled on walking shoes with ankle socks. My feet are much happier....

This post was edited

I always wear shoes when hiking. Its rare that more then a portion of a trail will be free of twigs, stones, roots, glass or whatever to make bare footing worthwhile.

This post was edited

For a real walking wears shoes not only for comfort, but also to avoid injury to the feet. If I walk on a sandy beach, there I am barefoot and if I walk little in the bare grass too.Cne are not the shoes that bother me the most in the naked hike, but the backpack this,no matter how small it is

This post was edited

try making a bindle with your walking stick instead of a backpack

This post was edited