Transition to Nudist

Before you became a nudist, did you go through a period of wearing minimal clothing?
Examples would be sleeping nude, going shirtless wherever it was possible to do so, wearing shorts whenever it was warm enough, going commando,wearing brief swimsuits etc.
I did all of these to some extent.

This topic was edited
RE:Transition to Nudist

I started sleeping nude as a kid, and mostly dispensed with underwear when I was about 20. But never saw the point in skimpy swimsuits, shorts, etc. Whenever I had occasion, in houseguest situations or camping, to be in and out of bed and bath around other folks, I've always just been naked, and likewise for skinny-dipping and so forth. Becoming a capital-N Nudist was more a matter of extending that practice wider, rather than of exposing more and more skin.

This post was edited

Same here ... mostly. When possible I was naked at home, alone. I began sleeping naked around age 11-12 but always after I got my own room at age 14, when I started HS. I began cutting the liner out of my swim trunks and shorts because at 14, I began not wearing underwear and haven't since ... anything to make me feel as close to being naked when I couldn't be naked.

I would spend lots of time in the locker room after practice and after taking a shower just yacking with the guys and remaining naked like many of the older guys. Some of the guys my age would quickly get dressed but I'd take my time, like many of the juniors and seniors ... maybe that's why they accepted me as young as I was! There was some joking and teasing but I just ignored the idiots.

In the Navy, after I'd found a nude beach up in the bay area, some of my shipmates would go out on the town, catch a movie, go drinking ... I headed for the nude beach. I spend as much time there as I could. My nudity onboard ship, in the berthing compartment, made some of the guys uneasy. Instead of understanding that I just preferred not to wear anything if I didn't have to or to prolong my nudity as long as I could, they assumed I was trolling for sex... like I said, I just ignored the idiots. Ya can't fix stupid!

Full on nudist when I got married at age 20, still in the Navy, but had a willing partner in my lifestyle and we spent as much time naked as possible. I only wish we had ventured into social nudism much sooner and wish we had tried to keep our girls involved in nudism as well.

This post was edited

Steve
I feel it is just a transition to feeling more willing and comfortable to be free of clothing and truly relax.
Even better in the company of others when a pretences are cast aside

This post was edited

While I never associated with general society much, being farm grown and homeschooled didn't get me out very much. Barefoot with shorts was normal summer wear. I did start cutting my shorts legs shorter and shorter when I was 14-15. And going nude in the woods. But that was about all. I always preferred them short, the long legged shorts just didn't seem very comfortable. Walking in them would make the fabric rub my legs with every step. I preferred gym shorts style with 2" inseam and side seam split halfway up the sides. And the actual nude time grew to working in back fields and timber work in the woods. But then in 2012 I happened onto a mention of nude gardening day, looked that up, which then led to christian naturist ideas and support groups. Which pulled me right into practicing naturism intentionally instead of more causally off and on. Gave me legitimacy for what I enjoyed. And I started working on getting rid of my old fears of being seen nude that I came to realize were not good. Seeing success on that now. Now that I'm past the half century, and settled on what i intend to do the rest of my life, I plan on doing nutrient dense naturist gardening on a level that will get me into a certain amount of association with people, I'm not sure where the high brix will go and what attention I will get with it, (with the possible expose of my naturist gardening methods) wait and see on that. But as I eat it exclusively I plan to get into endurance sports to see how far the diet can carry me. Which includes competition swimming, running, bicycling perhaps. And wearing minimum coverage swim wear for minimum motion restriction, and because it was standard wear when I was young. (logical excuse anyway) And because I'd rather swim nude but aren't allowed to by society standards. If I beat society norms by a sufficient amount to attract some attention, I could turn that attention to good use for promoting healthy living as a naturist gardener. And promoting the fertility side as well which is part of it. Otherwise I'm not into attracting attention, would rather hang in the background and keep to myself.

This post was edited

I start being nudist in my early twenties.... just as a little fear seeking. Later with my wife we prefer "empty beaches" and on "empty beaches" a lot of the others sunlovers were nude. As a dare my wife asked me to go naked also (she likes seeing me naked). She was suprised I took of my swimsuit. Since then I was everytime naked on the beach and my wife also naked or at least topless.

When we had small kids we always went to a nudebeach, because it is not crowdy and easy to check your kids when they are playing. I was always naked, my wife most of the time topless because on the beach nearby were always a lot of clothed people walking. I stayed naked because I donot like tanlines and (secrectly) I love showing myself naked to womens/girls walking by or girls riding horses on the beach.

At this moment I am still a nudist on nudebeaches. When planning vacation I always seek destinations with nudebeach closeby. So me and my wife can go to that beach because it is not so crowdy there (that what I say to my wife), but the real reason is that I want to go there to be naked.

This post was edited

always slept nude, wore speedos and very short shorts always preferred less then more clothing

This post was edited

Just always felt right. Have not owned any sleepwear for decades. Really cannot understand why any adult male would wear sleepwear.

This post was edited

Wait until you get older and start to feel the cold. Each to their own.

This post was edited

I have always slept nude. Four years ago my wife said she was tired Ocean City! So I started looking for something to do . Being bikers we had been to parties where anything goes. I got the crazy idea to go to a nudist resort.I asked her what she thought and she said yes.We went the next week we became members and have never had so much fun.

This post was edited

I have always slept nude. Four years ago my wife said she was tired Ocean City! So I started looking for something to do . Being bikers we had been to parties where anything goes. I got the crazy idea to go to a nudist resort.I asked her what she thought and she said yes.We went the next week we became members and have never had so much fun.

Ocean City NJ, MD or some other?

This post was edited