May 2 visit

I got to lot 5 just after 12 and there were no spots to be had. Back to lot 4 and plenty of spots. The only folks I saw were nude. A lot of seaweed is washing up on the beach so I think the flies might be a nucience. They were also flying the purple flag but I'm not sure what for. Lot 3 is open now also. It was another beautiful hereby day at Apollo today.

This topic was edited
RE:May 2 visit

Thanks for the report. Does anyone know what the purple flag stands for? I should be going to Apollo soon and I will ask if they have information for visitors on what each flag means. If I can get something I will post it.

This post was edited

Did a little looking around and came up with this info.
Don't know how accurate it is.

Panama City Beach Flag Warning System

Flags are located approximately 1 mile apart along the beach.

GREEN Low Hazard Conditions favorable for swimming.

YELLOW Medium Hazard

RED High Hazard

RED OVER RED Danger! Water closed to public use.

PURPLE Marine Pest Present

from tripsmarter

A GREEN flag means that the water is calm. The undertow is slight to non-existent and it is safe to swim using the proper amount of caution!

A YELLOW flag indicates the presence of light surf or currents and additional caution should be used while swimming in the Gulf.

A RED flag indicates the presence of strong surf and currents. Swimming in these conditions is not recommended as it presents a very high hazard to all swimmers.

A DOUBLE RED flag, however, means that the water is closed to the public! No one is allowed in the water when a double red flag is posted!

Finally, a PURPLE flag indicates the presence of marine pest in the water such as jellyfish, stingrays or dangerous fish.

This post was edited

The purple is for Jelly fish, was there this morning, jellys where spotted on the beach, altho there was just a few.

This post was edited

Thanks for the heads up and investigating guys.

This post was edited