RE:Tattoo???

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. I've always wanted one, but I'm not one for pain. Should I get one??

The pain is the least consideration, even though they are sticking needles into you throughout the entire process.

A tattoo is for life! So be sure of what you want and where before getting it done. Others have said that if your desire for a tatt lasts for a full 6 months you may as well be committed.

I have a small tattoo above my penis, where my pubic hair should be. I chose the location after seeing one when I was young. About 20 to 30 years later I produced a design of the artwork and carried it around on a post-it note in my wallet for about a year before actually getting it done.

This post was edited

I to was 50 when I got my first tattoo. It is a blue bird on my shoulder. It is reflective of my personality, I am always happy. Disney made a movie called 'Song of the South' and the main song is 'Zippity Doo Da'. A line in it is 'Mr Bluebird on my shoulder'.

My second tattoo came when I was 57, my mother passed. She had given me a Guardian Angel for my sun-visor in my truck and I had it tattooed over my heart.

This post was edited

Hi, there,
May I express what I guess is now a minority position. Dont get a tattoo. The human body is beautiful in and of itself. Plus:
1. 99% of the tatoos are simply bad art, distasteful, low class, and plain silly (stupid phrases) and weird (guys with who have entire paragraphs or who knows what emblazoned on their chest, back, legs, etc.).
2. Its a fad that everyone has to do. Be non conformist and dont get a tatoo
3. Its my understanding that at least 50% of those who get tattoos regret it later on. Then the process to remove is painful, and the your skin is affected and basically ruined after that process.
Work on making your body as beautiful as it can be. Tattoos only ruin ones body and distracts from the beauty God gave it.
Thats my take. Thanks for letting me express my thoughts.
Rick

This post was edited

Hi, there,
May I express what I guess is now a minority position. Dont get a tattoo. The human body is beautiful in and of itself. Plus:
1. 99% of the tatoos are simply bad art, distasteful, low class, and plain silly (stupid phrases) and weird (guys with who have entire paragraphs or who knows what emblazoned on their chest, back, legs, etc.).
2. Its a fad that everyone has to do. Be non conformist and dont get a tatoo
3. Its my understanding that at least 50% of those who get tattoos regret it later on. Then the process to remove is painful, and the your skin is affected and basically ruined after that process.
Work on making your body as beautiful as it can be. Tattoos only ruin ones body and distracts from the beauty God gave it.
Thats my take. Thanks for letting me express my thoughts.
Rick

This post was edited

Genesis 1:27 - " So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."
Of course, In the eyes of many, He did not do a good job, males and females need more holes in them with silly little ornaments hanging from them.
And Gods Image needs many colored childish drawings covering up His flawed creation.
And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

This post was edited

First of all, tattoos can be addicting. I have ink on my back, ass, shoulder, pubic area and penis. Yes, PENIS. Did they hurt? Absolutely. But obviously not enough pain to make me stop. I love every one of them. Mine are all tribal designs in just black (except the penis has some red highlights). If I'm fully dressed (ugh!) you wouldn't have any idea that I had tattoos. But naked, I think the ink is just something that makes me, ME. Same as being smooth and having piercings. I like the way it looks on ME. So if you want to get a tattoo, do it. Just remember it is permanent.

This post was edited

I have 9 and am working on #10, each of mine have spiritual significance to me. When I was 18 they were illegal in MA and people would get drunk, drive to RI and get one, and regret it later. I chose to wait. When finally I thought I was moving back to MA where they were still illegal I went into a shop in PDX with a design of a celtic pink triangle, when I was done the woman said 'you'll be back' and I said no way, I waited all these years ...so this is it. Famous last words... LOL! As to the pain, the closer to the bone, the more 'stinging' you will feel. I dont find it very painful and have ink acros my sacral bone and up my spine. If you are so called, GO FOR IT!

This post was edited

I to was 50 when I got my first tattoo. It is a blue bird on my shoulder. It is reflective of my personality, I am always happy. Disney made a movie called 'Song of the South' and the main song is 'Zippity Doo Da'. A line in it is 'Mr Bluebird on my shoulder'.My second tattoo came when I was 57, my mother passed. She had given me a Guardian Angel for my sun-visor in my truck and I had it tattooed over my heart.

I love the idea of you bird on the shoulder and I loved that film but with the racial connatations connected to Songs of the South, no blue birds on my shoulder but Im sure yours looks and means a lot. Im not judging. Your 2nd sounds lovely though.

This post was edited

i have one here

This post was edited